Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Elliot Bennett a one season wonder?

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
We are talking about Lualua here.He is scoring and creating most things within the team now.

Lualua would not have had the ball if it was'nt for Bennetts great passing and vision.

What a star he is already.

I guess you would have 11 strikers in your team you mug.......umm maybe scoring a goal each every game. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've just checked IP Address and it is another poster on a fishing expedition.

It figures. The atrocious grammar is rather too studied. Out of interest, if one gets banned (fingers crossed) does the other one get banned as well?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Well everyone were raving about him last season and calling the crown jewell of the team but these compliments have since dried up.He hardly gets a mention nowdays.1 goal in 12 so far and going by that ratio he will be lucky to get four this season.It looks like the 200k fee paid for him is about right as i wouldn't expect we get anymore back from that now.
As long as he creates for the team i suppose that's the key.It's a shame really because i feel he is suffering from 2nd season syndrome which defines weather he is as good as we make him out to be.

comedy gold!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think I've got it now......

when we're shite the binfesting decreases as everyone knows we're shite

when we're playing great people get so desperate for soemthign to write about that they act as if we're shite but nobody knows it.

Me, Im just overjoyed for every player pulling their weight in a super successful team. May it continue!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
If you'd seen the thread/poll done last week on everyones favourite albion player you'd see Bennett was clearly the winner. So perhaps having a pop about him wasn't the best idea.
Also if you watch him his game has evolved so much more since last season. He's far more of a playmaker now, Moves around more rather than playing just in one position.
Yeah he hasn't scored as many yet but i bet he's created far more with his pace & movement.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If you'd seen the thread/poll done last week on everyones favourite albion player you'd see Bennett was clearly the winner. So perhaps having a pop about him wasn't the best idea.
Also if you watch him his game has evolved so much more since last season. He's far more of a playmaker now, Moves around more rather than playing just in one position.
Yeah he hasn't scored as many yet but i bet he's created far more with his pace & movement.

+1

Just last weekend he put in a superb tackle to put Murray into the box who went on to score the second goal. Without doubt he is our most saleable asset. Lets hope we can ward off any suitors.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
And; the award for the most obvious fishing attempt in the history of the universe goes to......

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You should try and get to a game instead of using the NOTW player scores - It may change your opinion somewhat

*edit* come on el pres, out them

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Well everyone were raving about him last season and calling the crown jewell of the team but these compliments have since dried up.He hardly gets a mention nowdays.1 goal in 12 so far and going by that ratio he will be lucky to get four this season.It looks like the 200k fee paid for him is about right as i wouldn't expect we get anymore back from that now.
As long as he creates for the team i suppose that's the key.It's a shame really because i feel he is suffering from 2nd season syndrome which defines weather he is as good as we make him out to be.

Navs didnt score any goals, but what a player he is.

What a pony thread

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
I still i think is a good player but he hasn't really captured last seasons form has he? He doesn't even look like scoring either so maybe other teams have worked him out?
Don't get me wrong i still like him but i feel now he is overrated by us.

No, just no.

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
playing a diamond with him as a free role was unreal on Saturday, a much improved footballer under Gus and makes more tackles now than he ever did, would be an excellent player even a league higher !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here