Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Elliot Bennett a one season wonder?

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I still i think is a good player but he hasn't really captured last seasons form has he? He doesn't even look like scoring either so maybe other teams have worked him out?
Don't get me wrong i still like him but i feel now he is overrated by us.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Well everyone were raving about him last season and calling the crown jewell of the team but these compliments have since dried up.He hardly gets a mention nowdays.1 goal in 12 so far and going by that ratio he will be lucky to get four this season.It looks like the 200k fee paid for him is about right as i wouldn't expect we get anymore back from that now.
As long as he creates for the team i suppose that's the key.It's a shame really because i feel he is suffering from 2nd season syndrome which defines weather he is as good as we make him out to be.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
rubbish, he was one of the best players on saturday, the midfield were sensational against Charlton and Bennett is one player who me may lose if the big boys come sniffing around.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Have you considered the fact that he's playing the role Gus has asked of him?

Given how well we are performing and how we are being complimented for our system it's safe to assume EB is very much an integral part of that success.

If the team is performing at a high standard, so is Bennett.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Top of the League. Playing glorious football. Why look for problems that are not there.

When we are complimented on the movement and quality of our midfield - who do you suppose they are talking about ?

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Its not as if we arent scoring from other areas either, complete rubbish, some people!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
My god nappy thrower, you speak some shit. Clueless

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Top of the League. Playing glorious football. Why look for problems that are not there.

When we are complimented on the movement and quality of our midfield - who do you suppose they are talking about ?

We are talking about Lualua here.He is scoring and creating most things within the team now.If we lose him in January then i hope Bennett steps up to the mark.
Bennett doesn't even take free kicks no more and doesn't cut in and shoot like he use to do.Maybe he is lacking a bit of confidence as he hasn't scored for ages.

Stumpy Tim

Bennett doesn't even take free kicks no more and doesn't cut in and shoot like he use to do.Maybe he is lacking a bit of confidence as he hasn't scored for ages.

That's because Lua Lua is taking them (and scoring) you clown. Why would he take them when someone is doing so successfully already. Bennett took every set-piece cross I saw at Plymouth & Carlisle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here