Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Dick Knight answering his critics?

Has the progress on the transfer market sshhht the critics?

• Yes I think it has

Votes: 56 61.5%
  • No, they / I will always moan about something

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • Don't know, whats going on? Who am I?

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
..when it is up to 5 I guess he will have.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For me, it's the sensible, considered supporters Dick has to answer to. Whinging, moaning fuckwits are, after all, simply whinging, moaning fuckwits.

How do you differentiate?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Under Wilkins, we have always signed players. Some have been crap (Williams, for example), some have been good (Forster, O'Callaghan, Flinders, Richards etc). A struggling club like ourselves can only be happy when players are actually signed, as that is clearly a challenge in itself. I think most of the hostility towards Knight centres around the price of tickets these days, which I believe is unavoidable. Knight clearly has the best interests of the club at heart, reducing ticket prices is not a sure-fire way to get supporters back, signing new players might be...

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Under Wilkins, we have always signed players. Some have been crap (Williams, for example), some have been good (Forster, O'Callaghan, Flinders, Richards etc). A struggling club like ourselves can only be happy when players are actually signed, as that is clearly a challenge in itself. I think most of the hostility towards Knight centres around the price of tickets these days, which I believe is unavoidable. Knight clearly has the best interests of the club at heart, reducing ticket prices is not a sure-fire way to get supporters back, signing new players might be...

and relies on astute business and comercial management of a football club which I doubt many of his detractors have

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I was saying a few weeks back that I hoped we would get a couple of Journeymen pro's with one or two decent seasons left in them rather than all this non league bollocks we seemed to enjoy before.

Now we have Thomson and Forster whocan do a job, so yep, I am happy.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I was saying a few weeks back that I hoped we would get a couple of Journeymen pro's with one or two decent seasons left in them rather than all this non league bollocks we seemed to enjoy before.

Now we have Thomson and Forster whocan do a job, so yep, I am happy.

BH..define 'do a job' for me?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As far as I am aware and I have heard it a few times on SCR he said Im in negotiation with 5 players. I dont think he said that we will see 5 new players. Maybe he did but so what.

So even if its 2 out of 5 then fair enough.

As I said on another thread its been TWO weeks and Bas hasnt walked into another club so maybe DK or Wilkins or whoever was right....?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
BH..define 'do a job' for me?

Do a job of playing decent football to be precise. Forster ,for me, brings a lot to the squad, in terms of maturity and work rate and Thomson (judging by comments on Falkirks site) looks to be another hard working pro.

Obviously you see things differently?

D

Deleted member 2719

Come on guys admit it without our trusty DICK where would we be!!

:)

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm pleased with the sound of the two signings we've made so far, and if Richards comes back then I would be happy if we didn't get any more this window. Having said that I think there are still areas we need to improve, mainly the wings (please please please can we sign Currie?), but another forward would be useful because if Forster gets injured we are buggered. Elder is possibly going to step up to the plate but one scrappy goal from a corner does not instantly turn him into a player who can score regularly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As well as a TRUE LOYAL SUPPORTER. Don't forget he use to stand on the North Stand terrace with the likes of many of us.

Nobody, the old officials of the club included have ever been able to confirm that but none the less if he adds Richards to the 2, one young , one journeyman then I shall be pleased.

I am not saying he wasnt but Ron Pavey the old secretary said that he had never heard of him prior to the take over and RP knew everybody even me as a supporter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here