Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brighton turning into a snobby place to live.....

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
i am happy with the way brighton is

I went to eastbourne the other day - god how rough is that!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh come on, you know what I mean about ladies what lunch. In my last week at Fiveways there was a massive doggie tea party in Blakers park with hundreds on middle aged women sipping champagne surrounded by their pekingese and chiwawas.

I may go along to the next one. There might be some FIT MILFs there to pick up ;)

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
I think Brighton is a fine place to live and I do think sometimes we take it for granted. The worst thing about it is the expense, property prices for the centre of town in particular are obscene, but that is a problem shared with most of the south east in general compared with other parts of the country. I do not see why Brighton should be singled out for criticism in that regard.

However for quality of life I still think it is superb, you have access to the coast and the downs. Whether you want to dance, drink, eat, watch a movie, buy a record, buy a book, kick a ball about, catch a show or a gig there are few better places for miles around.

So whilst we do have artisan coffee shops and a whole host of independent and 'quirky' retail establishments we still have Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury's Waitrose, Tesco, Asda, Primark, etc to keep us in the 'real' world.

I love it. I have been here 17years now and I feel much more a Brightonian now than the Londoner I grew up as, and feel all the better for it.
I wholeheartedly agree with almost all of that, apart from the fact that house prices are especially high compared even ti the rest of the south east.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wholeheartedly agree with almost all of that, apart from the fact that house prices are especially high compared even ti the rest of the south east.

Don't agree with this. They're expensive in the centre but you can buy a nice, 4-bed semi-detached house near a good school for about £270k. That doesn't compare badly with the rest of the south-east

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The Level was always no go when I was younger - used needles, junkies... always had a bed rep.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Now rebranded as 'Fiveways Village' by estate agent spin *snigger*

It's this sort of thing that answers the OPs question, ' Fiveways Village ' :facepalm: who the hell falls for this sort of thing?
I would like an estate agent to explain to me exactly why it's called that.:shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't agree with this. They're expensive in the centre but you can buy a nice, 4-bed semi-detached house near a good school for about £270k. That doesn't compare badly with the rest of the south-east

Really? I think Notters etc would love a link for that. I bought a 3 bed in Portslade for more than that and have been told I got a bargain and that it's gone up "considerably". Even Woodingdean has been going through the roof. You don't get much more out of the city than those without ending up 'somewhere not Brighton'.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Where is this you are talking about?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Indeed. Just as an example (though I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Whitehawk):

Two bed flat in Whitehawk, £190k: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48047558.html
In Eastbourne for the same price: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-47576723.html
Or Newhaven: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-47849963.html

Admittedly we may be slightly straying from the point here. I'm surprised how much things have gone up since we were looking 6 months ago too!

Probably says something that I looked at the Whitehawk flat and thought "Two bed for £190k? Good value." Not that I can afford it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:bigwave:

Still searching?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here