Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brezovan really that bad?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Wycombe away

*cough*

You mean the game at Wycombe in 2009? Blimey, I think going back that far makes my point rather than undermines it.

Players will have bad games here and there, so did Ankergren, as had Gonzalez (not for us, obviously) as did Peter Shilton! It happens. But overall, I think his main weakness appears to be nervousness in BIG games, so yes, I'll be a bit worried in the Play-off Final, but I can live with that for now.

tooting2

Mar 26, 2011
lancing
he had a bad day sunday for sure but the oppisition he faced sunday were quality not going face that every week he has got away with a few slight gaffs latley but sunday he didnt

still say overall you have more confidence in him than ankers

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kusak just gone to Watford !!!!
Man U and Watford have some kind of link don't they. Probably subsidised wages, put him in the shop window.

Brezovan is ok. Before Sunday he'd been brilliant, that was a disaster and may have damaged his confidence and/or cost him his place in the team though. possibly blown his chance of being a mainstay as number one, I think Gus will definitely be looking for a keeper for next season.Not sure what Gonzalez is about.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The worrying thing is his mistakes are costing goals. His form has dipped massively in the last few games, I was dreading a "Tottenham pass" was going to happen on Sunday to add to the comedy.

A keeper who catches the ball takes the pressure off of the rest of the team.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
He didnt have a good game on sunday but defensively not many people did.

Werent people also having a go at ankergren for punching too much... so seems pointless to change for that reason alone

I dont think he had a bad game against Millwall, the punch that was before the first goal certainly wasnt the reason for the goal, that was a poor clearance from Nav

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
The goalkeeping position is the one that i'll be looking out for most when the teamsheet comes out for Hull tomorrow. After that performance, I am expecting a change. Hull (and anyone else watching) will attempt to attack his obvious weaknesses and it seemed to me that our back four lost their confidence in him too...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I dont think he had a bad game against Millwall, the punch that was before the first goal certainly wasnt the reason for the goal, that was a poor clearance from Nav

From where I was standing I felt that the ball went quickly to Navarro who didn't get chance to move his position.

Any punch that does not leave the penalty area is poor and asking for trouble

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
From where I was standing I felt that the ball went quickly to Navarro who didn't get chance to move his position.

Any punch that does not leave the penalty area is poor and asking for trouble

Could then argue any player that can't react that quick is at fault !

Nav should have cleared it ... Simple as

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
In days gone by goalkeepers went to Anfield and usually had the game of their life and were often man of the match for the visiting team. Ours had a game I should think he won't ever want to relive.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Could then argue any player that can't react that quick is at fault !

Nav should have cleared it ... Simple as

Agreed, yet Casper got SLAUGHTERED for his clearance against Leeds at the Amex that went straight to their keeper, and was then booted back allowing them to equalise.

I have seen Casper make mistakes this season ('Boro away, Coventry away, and too many shots from outside the box seem to go in) as well as Sexy Pete (Two/Three at Anfield, the opener at the Amex against Spurs). There's not a lot between them IMO, but neither inspires great confidence for corners and set pieces.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Agreed, yet Casper got SLAUGHTERED for his clearance against Leeds at the Amex that went straight to their keeper, and was then booted back allowing them to equalise.

I have seen Casper make mistakes this season ('Boro away, Coventry away, and too many shots from outside the box seem to go in) as well as Sexy Pete (Two/Three at Anfield, the opener at the Amex against Spurs). There's not a lot between them IMO, but neither inspires great confidence for corners and set pieces.

Neither inspires confidence . (period)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

No you are right.... Neither of them are a top 6 championship keeper.

I'm sure it's something Gus will put right in the summer and I'm sure with both put of contract at the end of the season we will see a new man between the sticks come August.

Right now there isn't much between them and whoever gets a run in the side is liable to make a few mistakes.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Just thinking, has Brezovan REALLY done that badly. Sure, he has had a few bad games, and needs to start catching. But there is so much worse out there.

No, the support our team get from some of the wankers on here is though

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Brezovan and Ankergren were really that shit we would be in the relegation zone with a minus 15 goal difference.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Both keepers are average- probably Div One standard but make too many mistakes to be Championship standard and definitely nowhere near good enough for the Premiership. A good team will simply throw in lots of crosses and watch them flap!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If Brezovan and Ankergren were really that shit we would be in the relegation zone with a minus 15 goal difference.

I don't think they are shit, we have had 11 clean sheets this season, so both keepers must take some credit for that. I would be surprised if another Championship club would come in for either of them though, whereas you could see Championship clubs coming in for a lot of our other starting XI.

The goalkeeping position is the one that i'll be looking out for most when the teamsheet comes out for Hull tomorrow. After that performance, I am expecting a change. Hull (and anyone else watching) will attempt to attack his obvious weaknesses and it seemed to me that our back four lost their confidence in him too...

The absolute WORST decision Gus could possibly make, is dropping Brezovan after his lesson at Liverpool.
FACT.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The absolute WORST decision Gus could possibly make, is dropping Brezovan after his lesson at Liverpool.
FACT.

That's not actually a FACT though is it? I can think of far worse decisions he could make.

He could decide to play Oatway in goal for example or cross the A27 blindfolded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here