Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Brezovan really that bad?

jlee

Dec 31, 2011
Cuckfield
Just thinking, has Brezovan REALLY done that badly. Sure, he has had a few bad games, and needs to start catching. But there is so much worse out there.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No, no he's not that bad.

The worry is that his worst, shakiest performances have come in arguably his 2 biggest occasions. Away to Premiership sides, full house, 5th Round of teh Cup, and he's wobbled both times. While I could see past the Stoke one because it didn't help that he was out of teh side at the time and coming in from teh cold for Cup games, this one was somewhat more worrying.

This is NOT an issue we need to worry about in the short-term, as we won't be back to Anfield or anything similar again this season, but in the medium-term, he does appear to have a failing with his nerves on the BIG matches.

Keep it all in perspective though, I'm perfectly happy for him to play out the rest of this season, and then we re-assess on the basis of who else becomes available.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I get the feeling that somebody new on 'ere might well have 'ad their chips already.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No, no he's not that bad.

The worry is that his worst, shakiest performances have come in arguably his 2 biggest occasions. Away to Premiership sides, full house, 5th Round of teh Cup, and he's wobbled both times. While I could see past the Stoke one because it didn't help that he was out of teh side at the time and coming in from teh cold for Cup games, this one was somewhat more worrying.

This is NOT an issue we need to worry about in the short-term, as we won't be back to Anfield or anything similar again this season, but in the medium-term, he does appear to have a failing with his nerves on the BIG matches.

Keep it all in perspective though, I'm perfectly happy for him to play out the rest of this season, and then we re-assess on the basis of who else becomes available.

Wycombe away

*cough*

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He's not 'bad' but he is not a Championship quality keeper. I cannot see either Ankergren or Brezovan being No.1 choice come August. Gus may even move during this loan market for a replacement.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
He's not 'bad' but he is not a Championship quality keeper. I cannot see either Ankergren or Brezovan being No.1 choice come August. Gus may even move during this loan market for a replacement.

Er... He already has in Gonzales. Not that we have seen him on the bench yet..

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
let's not beat about the bush, the guy is not very good. In such a vital position any team needs a keeper who is going to command his area, that's his job. Whether he's nervous or not is neither here nor there, he's a professional footballer who is not very good at his job...end of. If it's a coaching issue then that need addressing, failing that, we have to either play the Colombian, or get someone in. Gus has acted at the other end of the pitch, albeit perhaps tactically, but I want to be able to stop cringeing everytime the ball goes towards Brez.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Personally, no he isn't bad at all actually.

But he IS a bottler. That can't be carried into the Premier League, nor is he now someone I'd be happy with keeping net in say the playoffs if we make it. But for regular league games, I think he's good enough.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Have to wonder how shit Gonzalez is if he cannot get the position in front of what I witnessed on Sunday.
Watching Brezovan was not a comforting experience...although here, most of the laughter has been directed towards Dunks 'goal'...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
No, but he won't earn us many points in this division, and he will lose us some, unlike the better keepers. For someone his height he should be catching crosses. Whether this is a lack of oonfidence or technique, I don't know.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
His mis-handling caused panic in the defence and was a direct result of conceding four of the goals. Why did he not catch the ball instead of a weak punch from the corner which lead to Liverpool's second goal.

He does not seem to know when he should come out or stay back causing chaos as the rest of the defence do not have a clue what he is going to do. At least with Caspar you know he will be staying on the line.

Is Godden coaching them or are they ignoring his instructions?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here