Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Barry Lloyd doing it again ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I can't help thinking and the more I look at things it seems it is the 1986/87 season all over again, an Albion 'legend' returns as manager but is sacked halfway through the season and Barry Lloyd takes over as manager.
Fast forward to now and an Albion 'legend' returns as manager when the previous manager is to some unfairly sacked (For Dean Wilkins read Chris Cattlin in 1986) and before long he is under pressure and if Adams is sacked who would takeover on a caretaker basis, not Tinselhead as he has been there before , not Booker for same reasons, it would be good old Uncle Barry Lloyd and before long you can be sure he would get the job full time.
How about Barry Lloyd as manager with Dean White for assistant, a true Albion dream team ? Some have forgot but some of us remember how inept Lloyd was as manager, how he pissed off players with clueless tactical decisions and substitutions, how he laughed on TV as he was interviewed after we had been relegated in 1992, he should never have been allowed within 50 miles of having anything to do with the club again.
It's time to get behind Micky Adams, allow him to appoint whatever back room staff he requires to assist him and if that means getting rid of White all the better, allow him to get what players he needs without Lloyds interference and when he is finally allowed to manage the team without any interference we maybe would get the old Adams back.
Who is running the club now ? Is it Dick Knight or the Blooms and is Dick Knight a mere puppet now for the Blooms show and let us not forget that Ray Bloom was on the board with Archer & Co and was one of the last to leave. If the Blooms want to run the club let them come out and say so and if they want Barry Lloyd running the playing side then let them be honest and say so and do it.
For now I feel sorry for Micky Adams and Dick Knight and all TRUE Albion fans should get behind them as the alternative is going to be a lot worse.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Ernest, many of us with longer memories still view Lloyd as the man who almost secured a return of top flight football to Brighton and the man who brought in the likes of Byrne, Gotsmanov and Small from relative obscurity overseas...but also as a man whose hands were tied behind his back with regards to many decisions relating to the team, the board was the dog, he was purely tail...but he wasn't in a position to wag it!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Ernest, many of us with longer memories still view Lloyd as the man who almost secured a return of top flight football to Brighton and the man who brought in the likes of Byrne, Gotsmanov and Small from relative obscurity overseas...but also as a man whose hands were tied behind his back with regards to many decisions relating to the team, the board was the dog, he was purely tail...but he wasn't in a position to wag it!

He also brought in Tiltman, Farrington, Berry , Briley etc as well as pissing off people like Nelson.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
He also brought in Tiltman, Farrington, Berry , Briley etc as well as pissing off people like Nelson.

I hadn't forgotten that either, wasn't he also the man who kept Saunders on the bench...but ask yourself how much say he really had in any of the decisions that were made regarding signing of players, how many were just signed by the board and not him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think all the Adams out supporters should digest what you have said and make the choice of who, Adams or Lloyd because as you say that could be the choice. I believe that Lloyd, although he did as well as he could, he has been out of football, prior to his present appointment, for too long and lost a lot of his old contacts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ernest this is the best and most accurate post you have ever made on NSC. The Blooms were instrumental in getting Lloyd from Worthing as assistant to Mullery and then sacking him for a nothing reason to get Lloyd as No 1 and perhaps this is what Harty was alluding to when he said be careful of what you wish. Perhaps this is the Blooms plan only time will tell but we as supporters must not allow it to happen as it would be a disaster and would spell immediate relegation. This idea must be the greatest incentive for everybody to look at the picture and back and support both the players and Adams and we will stay up if he f...s up early next season look at it again.

Ray Bloom was part of A B S board and is the only one still with the club!!!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Ernest this is the best and most accurate post you have ever made on NSC. The Blooms were instrumental in getting Lloyd from Worthing as assistant to Mullery and then sacking him for a nothing reason to get Lloyd as No 1 and perhaps this is what Harty was alluding to when he said be careful of what you wish. Perhaps this is the Blooms plan only time will tell but we as supporters must not allow it to happen as it would be a disaster and would spell immediate relegation. This idea must be the greatest incentive for everybody to look at the picture and back and support both the players and Adams and we will stay up if he f...s up early next season look at it again.

Ray Bloom was part of A B S board and is the only one still with the club!!!

I think many people are rewriting the history books here both of Lloyds managerial abilities and the Blooms role in the Archer years, Ray Bloom clung on till he was forced off by the supporters protests etc

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I think many people are rewriting the history books here both of Lloyds managerial abilities and the Blooms role in the Archer years, Ray Bloom clung on till he was forced off by the supporters protests etc

Lest we forget as a result of the said protests the Bloom family could not get a taxi or a pizza at their house for months.......

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm on the fence in terms of whether Mickey Adams should be sacked. However, the fact is that Barry Lloyd, (despite less money than is now available) got us to a play-off final and the brink of promotion to Divsision 1 (aka the Premier League). Player wise, Farrington etc.... is a lame argument. I can think of a few Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho signed that were off-loaded pretty sharpish.

Do I want Barry Lloyd back as manager? No, because I feel there would be better candidates available.

As a footnote, I really believe it is unhelpful to be so negative towards Adams. He is as passionate as the rest of us and does not put out a team wanting it to lose.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
And Mickey's fantastic contacts have brought in Hawkins, Livermore and Mcleod :lol:

Who do you reckon found Murray last season Ernest?

To be fair,Murray didn't take much finding as he had been banging in loads of goals for Rochdale. Even YOU could have found him.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Adams should be supported not sacked.

Jumping around and ranting a la Martin Allen should not be part of the job description,though getting your corner takers to clear or even REACH the near post should be.

Oh,and pointing out row Z.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm on the fence in terms of whether Mickey Adams should be sacked. However, the fact is that Barry Lloyd, (despite less money than is now available) got us to a play-off final and the brink of promotion to Divsision 1 (aka the Premier League). Player wise, Farrington etc.... is a lame argument. I can think of a few Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho signed that were off-loaded pretty sharpish.

Do I want Barry Lloyd back as manager? No, because I feel there would be better candidates available.

As a footnote, I really believe it is unhelpful to be so negative towards Adams. He is as passionate as the rest of us and does not put out a team wanting it to lose.

Don't rewrite history, Lloyd was a crap manager and that is FACT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here