Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anyone else WORRIED by us splashing cash?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Based on the assumption that Bennett is going we havent actually spent much, if any, money yet, other than maybe increased wages.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Noice. Though, their=they in the fourth line.
And, it is a worry. If we sign Lansbury i'm going to need a holiday or a seriously long nap.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I guess I can just imagine the reaction of some of the more negative fans if a £1million player does not score a hat-trick in his first seven games...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Actually another view could be that we maybe one of the only clubs in the country which is cash rich so we could be getting comparative bargins as we can pay upfront rather than on the never never.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Based on the assumption that Bennett is going we havent actually spent much, if any, money yet, other than maybe increased wages.

This is what's keeping my feet on the ground about the whole thing too. If our net spend ends up rocketing though, then I must admit I'll start to feel more than a little nervous about it. Would love to know our wage bill too, but that's obviously not going to appear on Wikileaks any time soon...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not at all. We have a decent team that has been built relatively cheaply.

Despite the positive growth in STHs, now is not the time to pussy foot. Add some quality editions and establish ourselves in this league. There is still work to be done to convince fans to stick with us.

We don't have an academy up and running yet, so it makes sense for some serious investment to push on. Bloom is not Goldberg or Jordan, he is not going to risk our future, but secure it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not in the slightest. Tony and Gus are infallible. Everything they have done so far has been both exciting and successful. I see no reason for it not to continue.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Worried isn't the right word. I'm aware that clubs have overspent, both in transfers and wages, in the past and this has eventually resulted in administration or financial concerns, and that tempers my excitement over our current spending. I'm hoping Bloom is aware of this too, and factors that in to decisions to spend on transfer fees and what wages he is willing to pay, and I'm hopeful that Gus picks the right players, who come to us to succeed not for the money.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
For gawds sake,....... don't you think this board have taken all the lessons learned from our past and the experiences of the overspending clubs of recent history around the league, and applied those lessons to our economic strategy.

I think a lot of this type of comment is cobblers, our plans havn't just been drawn up on the back of a fag packet,... get a grip... we are moving BACK into territory a lot of you lot have never seen before,... we used to be big shots in the late 70's and early 80's, we have taken all the lessons on board and are proceeding at an exciting pace, but with all the checks and balances a sound business plan would contain,..... aaannnddd.. relax!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Given Buckley and Hoskins will probably cost around what we get for Bennett I'm not so sure we're actually throwing big money around. More just investing what we've made/saved from other players into new ones.

Future signings will give a better idea of what's actually going on in financial regards.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not worried about us overspending. Am confident Mr Bloom knows his stuff.

Just seems to weird to have a one million pound player and more coming.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I am not worried as such just, well, its all a bit weird isn't it?

Dont worry about it, enjoy it! Weve had years of sh*te and had to put up with Withdean, embrace the goodtimes. If Tony wants to spend his cash on his club thats fine by me, id do the same if I had millions to burn!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
But he knows the key to keeping Gus is to provide him with the necessary ammo.

Gus has said he is happy to stay if we keep on improving. £1m is a lot, but Gus is worth more to us.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Worried isn't the right word. I'm aware that clubs have overspent, both in transfers and wages, in the past and this has eventually resulted in administration or financial concerns, and that tempers my excitement over our current spending. I'm hoping Bloom is aware of this too, and factors that in to decisions to spend on transfer fees and what wages he is willing to pay, and I'm hopeful that Gus picks the right players, who come to us to succeed not for the money.

I think that if you ( presumably not a successful multi millionaire businessman, or a world reknown former international standard footballer) can spot these little details, don't you thinki Bloom and Poyet would have got wind of them too???..... you seem to doubt them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here