Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anyone else pleased that they DIDN'T get a Season Ticket?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I ask this because as a non-STH, I am really pleased that I made the decision not to get a Season Ticket.

Me and my dad had many discussions on whether to get one, but, as I imagine for other people, money and the logistics, myself being away at University for the majority of the season and then in the USA during the next season, convinced us that even though STs are very reasonably priced, it'd be unwise to purchase one. With that decision came many weeks in June/July of resigning myself to the fact that I would have to try incredibly hard to get tickets to Donny and pretty much any decent game in the season.

Yet my fears were completely unfounded. Donny tickets were incredibly easy to get having logged on at half 9 in the morning on the day of sale, and subsequent ticket purchases for Blackpool and Sunderland have been equally as straight forward. The only drawback is the loyalty points I would have gained by having a ST and thus means I won't be able to go to Palace away, and probably West Ham, Leeds and maybe Southampton. I can live with that though and am convinced I'll be able to go to the few personally important ones (Leicester and Birmingham).
Moreover, I think I would have been disappointed with my choice of Season Ticket. If I'd decided to get one, it would have almost certainly been in WSU. Yet, after trying out Upper at the Gills game and Lower (I Block), I personally much prefer Lower as it's much closer to the action and to the singing of the North Stand. Upper had a fantastic view of the pitch but I almost got vertigo and I personally don't like seeing all of what's going on as it just makes me more angry when passes don't reach their intended man etc. These are all personal preferences and thus I'm glad that I went down the 'try before you buy' avenue. If I was to purchase a ST in a couple of years time, it'd be in WSL (H or I Block) or in the North Stand (which I test out first hand tomorrow), different than my preconceived ideas before the season started.

Are any non-STH glad that they made their decision not to get a season ticket?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I have managed to get tickets for every game that I'm not scheduled to work, but would still like to be a ST holder! A bonus of not being a ST holder is that by tomorrow night I will have used all three available stands which is nice in it's own way! Jury is still out for me though because sometimes I would like to have a guaranteed seat for the very high profile games!

Good question to have asked non ST holders though.

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
not sure that pleased is the right word.i got made redundant in feb so made the decision not to get a st.not knowing when the next wage will come in, i found work with an agency,how long that will last god knows.however ive now sat in north,wsu and east.and got my name down on st waiting list while hopeing permanant work comes about.what annoys me is 2 points.one people that have bought st and appear to hardly go to a game and two as i move all over the ground getting to hear funny comments as im sitting in someone elses seat(i guess).
i wish id taken a risk in getting a st but hey ho.thats life.il defo try for wsu if people decide after this season to give up there tickets which i think will happen in a few cases.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You would have to prise my season ticket from my cold, dead hands.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Oh I dont know, I may have to pimp my arse on here to get a spare one for the palace game.:(

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Came to England planning to stay for 1 season then go back to Australia and although I haven't experienced a full winter here yet I don't see myself going back... All because I got a season ticket :)

30% saving on Tickets, Away to give to a mate if can't go, tix ex will make easier when up and running, so queueing on phone for hours, no £2 booking fees, 10% discount in shop/food etc, own regular seat, top of the pile for tricky away matches.

Can't think of any other benefits though

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
30% saving on Tickets, Away to give to a mate if can't go, tix ex will make easier when up and running, so queueing on phone for hours, no £2 booking fees, 10% discount in shop/food etc, own regular seat, top of the pile for tricky away matches.

Can't think of any other benefits though

No, neither can I......no convincing needed here that the right decision was made to purchase a ST.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Came to England planning to stay for 1 season then go back to Australia and although I haven't experienced a full winter here yet I don't see myself going back... All because I got a season ticket :)

That good commitment there. Now winter is approaching and it's started raining, have you regetted your decision yet (since last night ?)

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
You made a conscious decision not to buy a season ticket which was the right one for you and i'm glad you and other non-ST holders are able to get a ticket relatively easily. The rest of us who got season tickets made a decison to buy a season ticket which, speaking for myself, was the right one for me. I'm sure you don't mean it but you do sound just a tad like you think you've got one over on the season ticket holders. Anyway, I'll think of you at the Palace game!

Seriously, I am glad you guys can get tickets relatively easily. I live in London now but in previous years have spent much of the time too far away to make many games so felt glad to be in the position to get a season ticket as I did worry about getting a ticket each week otherwise. Glad yours and my fears have turned out to be unfounded.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Apart from the two seasons at Gillingham, when it simply wasn't necessary to buy one, I've been a season ticket holder for 25 years. Others have held them for longer, doubtless. To have put up with what we have, seen some of the shocking teams we've had in Brighton shirts, and remained loyal, and then not buy a season ticket this year after 14 years of campaigning for the new stadium, would have felt positively perverse to me. And, providing I'm able to get one of course, you'd have to prise the ticket for Palace away from my cold, dead hands, to paraphrase Easy.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Apart from the two seasons at Gillingham, when it simply wasn't necessary to buy one, I've been a season ticket holder for 25 years. Others have held them for longer, doubtless. To have put up with what we have, seen some of the shocking teams we've had in Brighton shirts, and remained loyal, and then not buy a season ticket this year after 14 years of campaigning for the new stadium, would have felt positively perverse to me. And, providing I'm able to get one of course, you'd have to prise the ticket for Palace away from my cold, dead hands, to paraphrase Easy.

Not 'neccessary' but 18 of us that did then got the best ST at dry Withdean and now touching distance from 1901 seats at half the price

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I wasn't in a position to get one for this season, but I will be next year and made sure I am on the waiting list. I can't wait. I went to the Donny and Gills games, and I want that every week

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A bonus of not being a ST holder is that by tomorrow night I will have used all three available stands which is nice in it's own way!

ST holders don't have to book their seat for cup games, and so it is possible that for the cup games so far, many ST holders will have tried out one of the other stands.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think the OP is trying to suggest people who have bought ST's have made the wrong decision, just that it wasn't the right decision for him to get one and he is happy now that he made the right choice.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I can only to to around half of game because of work. If I found that if I am prepared to sit down at the point of sale am wait for the ticketing system to let me in, I can get tickets so a ST for me was not an option. Although If I could make all the games, ofcourse its better to be a STH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here