Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anyone else pleased that they DIDN'T get a Season Ticket?

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I wouldn't say I was pleased not to have one, I'd love too (they sold out when I was in the queue), but I couldn't be more pleased with how easy it has been for me to get tickets to the opening games. Only tickets troubles may come for Palace away etc, but the chances of me making it there after work in Bristol on a Tuesday evening are relatively small anyway. Genuinely thought my chances of getting a Donny ticket were near enough gone when i missed out on a ST, but how wrong I was :thumbsup:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
You'll probably still be able to get Leeds and Saints tickets, even Pompey didn't sell out and that was the first away game and an hour away on the train. However if Palace give us 2.5k like I've been hearing then it may be unlikely that you get one

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I have to travel down from north London every bloody week and take time off work for mid weeks games and it's not easy. I'm offsetting this slight annoyance against seeing the best football I have ever seen Brighton play in my life, in a state of the art stadium, in a league spitting distance from the Premiership. The excitement, the experience and the train beers makes me pleased, nay delighted, I DID purchase a season ticket.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i am very pleased that I brought mine and even more pleased that my new neighbours, front, side and back, all seem top people and not tossers. And I am more pleased that I get 72 english pence back everytime I purchase 2 pints.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I don't think the OP is trying to suggest people who have bought ST's have made the wrong decision, just that it wasn't the right decision for him to get one and he is happy now that he made the right choice.

Yep, a bit weird I thought too.

It doesn't sound like the OP is a season ticket holder type. After decades of football watching this is my first one and even when I'll be sitting in the rain I'll be loving it. The tILL hAS mY nAME oN iT!!!

Absolutely what mcshane in the 79th said. I really didn't want to make it sound like I'd 'got one over' on STH. Of course, if it were financially and logistically viable, I'd love to have a ST. The point I was trying to make is whether non-STH who decided not to make the financial/logistical leap to get a Season Ticket are glad/relieved that they didn't make the stretch, considering the ease of being able to purchase matchday tickets, and the many different views and atmospheres to be experienced in the stadium which potentially are different than preconceived notions at the beginning of this year.

My point about not wanting to view the whole match was perhaps worded weirdly, but after experiencing Donny and Blackpool in WSL, I have discovered that I personally enjoy being closer to the action.

And I had a Season Ticket for five years at Withdean. If I put up with all those rainy years in the South Stand, I could certainly put up with five years at the Amex, if it were not for Uni etc. :banana:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I'm a distant supporter with a season ticket in WSU. I cannot get to every game, but don't consider that too wasteful.The pricing and dd system finally convinced me. Each time I come i congratulate myself on a brilliant decision.Only problem is the everest-like climb to the WSU which is agony on my extremely dodgy pins,and means the first pint of Harveys barely touches the sides.

Walked up from Falmer stadium and there were Blackpool supporters next to me.When they saw the stadium one of them said " There it is ! Bloody Hellfire ! "

Would I go back and change to buying individual tickets ? Absolutely no chance.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Absolutely what mcshane in the 79th said. I really didn't want to make it sound like I'd 'got one over' on STH. Of course, if it were financially and logistically viable, I'd love to have a ST. The point I was trying to make is whether non-STH who decided not to make the financial/logistical leap to get a Season Ticket are glad/relieved that they didn't make the stretch, considering the ease of being able to purchase matchday tickets, and the many different views and atmospheres to be experienced in the stadium which potentially are different than preconceived notions at the beginning of this year.

My point about not wanting to view the whole match was perhaps worded weirdly, but after experiencing Donny and Blackpool in WSL, I have discovered that I personally enjoy being closer to the action.

And I had a Season Ticket for five years at Withdean. If I put up with all those rainy years in the South Stand, I could certainly put up with five years at the Amex, if it were not for Uni etc. :banana:

Ok, fair enough.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
If there's anybody out there who really is disappointed with their season ticket - any chance of me buying it off you, please?
I too am in the Season Ticket waiting list (about position 500?), but have had no problems in getting tickets to the Spurs Friends and the cup matches. For league matches ON TOP of this I'll have to be selective, or it could prove too costly - but the £33-per-month deal looked an absolute bargain to me, and I really rue not managing to get one! Having tried West Stand Lower, North Stand, and West Stand Upper, I feel they all have their pro's and cons, so I would be happy with any location.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
THose who are pleased that they DIDN'T, might change their mind, when there are NONE on general sale for Liverpool...

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I am also pleased to find how easy it has been to get tickets so far, but Liverpool and Palace is going to be really tricky. I currently kick myself at least twice a day for not buying a season ticket. Its one of the poorest decisions I have ever made and for all the wrong reasons. I am now waiting for our rather unreliable ticket office to give me a call about one when availiable assuming we get granted planning permission for expansion.

I will actually feint if they call me and I dont have to chase it down to the enth degree.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I am also pleased to find how easy it has been to get tickets so far, but Liverpool and Palace is going to be really tricky. I currently kick myself at least twice a day for not buying a season ticket. Its one of the poorest decisions I have ever made and for all the wrong reasons. I am now waiting for our rather unreliable ticket office to give me a call about one when availiable assuming we get granted planning permission for expansion.

I will actually feint if they call me and I dont have to chase it down to the enth degree.

No so much "tricky" as well nigh impossible i would think

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I am also pleased to find how easy it has been to get tickets so far, but Liverpool and Palace is going to be really tricky.

If you mean Palace at Home, it'll be easy as long as you're online the moment tickets go on general sale. 1000 people won't be online to get a ticket at 9 in the morning if it took two days to shift general sale tickets for the historic first league game against Donny. Liverpool on the other hand will be tricky.

And for the muppet who negative repped me, I started this thread as it's my personal opinion that I'm glad I didn't get a Season Ticket. I may feel differently if I don't get a ticket for Liverpool (though I hope/believe I will), but at this current moment in time I'm happy with my decision based on current ease of buying matchday tickets, being able to experience different angles of the ground and my personal commitments meaning not getting a ST has been economically wise for me. I am not criticising those who do have one, far from it, I was just seeing if any non-STH share my sentiments.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think thats fair enough Shooting. After all a friend of mine is in exactly the same position in that they didnt buy one because he may go on his own, or with up to 4 others.

Having said that every game so far he has managed to obtain a ticket thru the club site on general sale, in some instances up to 4 so I think people will be fine, maybe other than Liverpool if they do take their 15% which it looks like they may not.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
i love having a season ticket. It means i don't have to negotiate with the wife for each game, I get a better seat, get to know the people around me, got a great seat, costs less per game................all round WINNER.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well obviously if you was on the database you would have a brilliant chance of getting a ticket for donny as most if not all people would have a season ticket,also the next two games even though they wasn't a database game,but these are the 3 smallest clubs in the championship so should,ve been easyish.Won't be so easy from now on:)

And the holiday season is nearly over now :)

Aug 21, 2011
I didnt get one due to work commitments, pretty gutted I didnt get one, had an invitation from the club as previously had one at Withdean. Hoping that if I get in there early I will be able to get tickets for the odd game I can make (got 3 OK for Doncaster) but truth be known would have preffered the guarantee of tickets for each match.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Nope, I'd love to have a season ticket but couldn't guarantee the money would be available every month until just too late, sometimes wonder where I am on the waiting list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here