Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anyone else getting a little concerned ?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Given all those that were released, and I have no problems with any of those leaving, we now have Owusu off to Adelaide and reports that Whing may not sign aswell (Argus saying Leeds today). This to me leaves us massively under strength and I'm just a bit concerned that we have so many positions to fill in such a short space of time, else we will be going into pre-season without a full squad.

I wasn't expecting us to have made a load of signings by June but I think we now have to be looking at 7,8 or 9 signings to cover all the gaps and give us a bit of depth when you look at who we actually have contracted with us.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not really bothered or concerned. Season is 9 weeks away. Liverpool, Chelsea, Real and Barcelona haven't made any signings either.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Given all those that were released, and I have no problems with any of those leaving, we now have Owusu off to Adelaide and reports that Whing may not sign aswell (Argus saying Leeds today). This to me leaves us massively under strength and I'm just a bit concerned that we have so many positions to fill in such a short space of time, else we will be going into pre-season without a full squad.

I wasn't expecting us to have made a load of signings by June but I think we now have to be looking at 7,8 or 9 signings to cover all the gaps and give us a bit of depth when you look at who we actually have contracted with us.

Most players are contracted until end of June so the fun and games wont start until July .... June is the most boring month in the year re The Albion

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not really, none of the relased player were really worth keeping (with the execption of Sullivan maybe) IMO. We've got better strikers on the books that Owusu already and he wasn't worth 2 years, Whing would be a shame but i'm pretty sure we'll find a RB without much trouble.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I dont see what the problem is when you cant sign anyone until the 1st of July, which is still 3 weeks away.

We have been linked with about 15 players, so at least we can say there is work going on, normally we dont even hear a peep about who we are going to sign, until we chase someone for about 3 weeks in public, and then they dont sign for us

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Owusu would have been a bench warmer if our main strikers are fit.Whing is OK,but as others have said,he isn't irreplaceable.

Soon the list of next season's games will appear;that's when things will be interesting.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not concerned but bloody bored. Bar the Robbie Simpson stuff no real rumours to get stuck into, all a bit dull at the moment. Can see things being sorted before or very early into pre-season and have no doubt that things are ticking along nicely with talks and stuff just need a few bits to sneak out from the club about targets to keep it interesting until something concrete

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Early days yet,not worried but just hope we don't get landed with too many 'loanees' again!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
absolutely not concerned at all but once the fireworks start it should be fun - compared to previous years it should be the difference between a back garden bonfire party and an all singing-all dancing civic display with the possibility of a couple more still to leave and up to 10 to come in. One thing for sure is that RS believes he can bring quality.

On another tack - if Naylor is reading this in search of copy - what is happening with the promised changes behind the scenes in order to make us "more professional"?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wasn't but with the news Murray wants out and the lack on news re Dicker and Whing is slightly concerning even if it is early days

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If it gets to pre season and we're yet to sign anyone, then be concerned (slightly). There is no need to be panicking now.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
If it gets to pre season and we're yet to sign anyone, then be concerned (slightly). There is no need to be panicking now.

Not panicking, just mildly concerned that we have an awful lot of players to find and sign and then settle into a squad in little over 2 months. Going to be a very very interesting June/July methinks.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No panic, in Russell we trust.

Those who have made signings so far, none of the players are of the calibre I'd be looking for if I were RS.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Not Worried, Bounce this thread when we have peeling on the subs bench and no reserve team :lolol:

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Had a thought compare the team that finished the season 07/08 with what we have now (if Murray, Whing and Lynch go) then that is one hell of a turnover of players in about a year.

Kuipers

RB Elphick CB LB

Cox CM CM LW

Fw Forster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here