Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ireland v England official match thread

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
3 changes for me.

A goalkeeper who is a footballer.
4 Attackers who are quick sharp and skillful (I think we're 3/4 of the way there).
A centre back who can play quick short passes under pressure and then ping a long one to feet.

I'm not looking at anyone in particular Jordan, Harry and Harry :wink:

Kane second half … passenger.

A huge 9.2% of the Green team are now Albion 👑🇮🇪

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A tap of Kane's ankle causes both legs to collapse. Cheating runt.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hard to know what anyone is going to learn about Carsley for the rest of the year. Having been relegated, all the games should be comfortable whoever is in charge. Going to make it difficult to assess whether he’s the right man for the job.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hard to know what anyone is going to learn about Carsley for the rest of the year. Having been relegated, all the games should be comfortable whoever is in charge. Going to make it difficult to assess whether he’s the right man for the job.

Are we in the second division ? I really should take more notice of our national team :down:

In the spirit of decommissioning arms, have to admit to liking Grealish and Rice. Who could dislike dumbass Jack, he’s hilarious. And Rice is the very opposite, that kind of earnest, decent head boy type who always worries too much and you want to buy a pint for to chill him out a bit

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the spirit of decommissioning arms, have to admit to liking Grealish and Rice. Who could dislike dumbass Jack, he’s hilarious. And Rice is the very opposite, that kind of earnest, decent head boy type who always worries too much and you want to buy a pint for to chill him out a bit

Your view of England’s second half performance?

To me …. McLaren-esque.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
The FA will always take the easy way out. They have more important things than plan for an England manager succession. It’s almost an irritation. There are junkets abroad to organise for International Board meetings, making Wembley a money machine, franchises for the 4 biggest restaurants in London, American football games and gigs, don’t forget the gigs.Let’s promote the U21 manager, it worked last time and other countries are doing it. If it doesn’t work, well, it was only temporary. As long as it doesn’t put them out too much they are onboard. Carpetbaggers the lot of them. They would flog Wembley if they thought they could get away with it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That was a comfortable win. England quietened the crowd, took control of the game and coasted home.

They have another match in 3 days and so I don't hold the passive second half against them.

And what a difference a week makes - Rice MOTM for me.

As for the Ireland coach, I think they've appointed a lemon.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here