Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iran - Revolution today?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
things are heating up a bit...

after a couple of days of brutality against the protesting moussavi supporters, cities all over the country are now filling up again with him putting in an appearance himself.

the iranians have ordered all foreign press to leave and have been jamming the broadcasts on BBC persia among others. a number of journalists from reporters without borders have been arrested.

reports are that Ahmadinejad actually came 3rd in the election and that moussavi won massively. the supreme leader has now called for an enquirt into voter fraud but that's thought just to be an attempt to appease the students/moussavi supporters and that nothing will come of it.

with govt communications blackout right now, twitter is the best way for them to get news out.. the govt has that blocked too but they're posting through proxies that other people on the internet are posting on twitter with the hashtag iranelection.

there's a very good live blog collating all the reports on the huffington post website;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/13/iran-demonstrations-viole_n_215189.html

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
reports are that Ahmadinejad actually came 3rd in the election and that moussavi won massively. the supreme leader has now called for an enquirt into voter fraud but that's thought just to be an attempt to appease the students/moussavi supporters and that nothing will come of it.

not sure that nothing will come of, the Islamic council or whatever is the real power and would rather see a moderate elected than risk starting to fracture their revolutionry islamic republic. as i understand it Ahmadinejad was far from universal supported amongst them originally .

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
FFS Pork Pie. Even said in jest, that is utterly tasteless - I assume you'll be back on here glorying in the oh-so-amusing bloodshed when and if it kicks off.

Take a good look at yourself, old son.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
FFS Pork Pie. Even said in jest, that is utterly tasteless - I assume you'll be back on here glorying in the oh-so-amusing bloodshed when and if it kicks off.

Take a good look at yourself, old son.

What the f*** are you on about? I hate Iranians. We used to fight them nearly every night when I was young. The bastards use to stab people in virtually every fight. They are scum.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The U.S. are keen to see a pro-western president in Iran. Ahmadinejad isn't that sort of guy , he would rather blow Israel to smithereens instead. The Yanks need Iran on "their" side as it borders Afghanistan and Iraq even with a puppet president manipulated by the ayatollahs.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Toppling AhemIwantmydinnerback would be very advantagous to the US and Israel and have a knock on effect for the Iranian funded Hezzbollah in Gaza and Lebanon and Shis militias in Iraq. He is a bit of a wind up merchant but does have a darker side. He has often been quoted as saying that homosexuality does not exist in Iran and then has any that appear hung in public. This is just one of many little policy issues he has with his people and the West. A nasty man ...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Toppling AhemIwantmydinnerback would be very advantagous to the US and Israel and have a knock on effect for the Iranian funded Hezzbollah in Gaza and Lebanon and Shis militias in Iraq. He is a bit of a wind up merchant but does have a darker side. He has often been quoted as saying that homosexuality does not exist in Iran and then has any that appear hung in public. This is just one of many little policy issues he has with his people and the West. A nasty man ...

All homosexuals should be bloody well hung.........

( Please insert joke here............ )

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Revolutions seem to be a bit like Spurs used to be with the cups...

In a year ending with a 9!

Iranian Islamic, 1979, Eastern Europe, 1989..

Not to mention Charles I losing his head in 1649, and the French revolution in 1789

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
What the f*** are you on about? I hate Iranians. We used to fight them nearly every night when I was young. The bastards use to stab people in virtually every fight. They are scum.

All of them? Every single one of them? All the people who seeing a rigged election and a nutcase leader who won't move to moderate the regime, head into the streets to protest, risking their own safety in the process? They're all scum are they? Every last one of them is going out looking to stab somebody?

Christ almighty. I might have known I was wasting my f***ing breath, so will say no more on the matter.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

That's obviously the downside of being born an Iraqi, you have my sympathies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here