Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iran - Revolution today?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
you lost a leg loonster?

Being Dyslexic it took me a while to work out what you were getting at.:laugh:

Seeing you didn't explain that it was an error that changed the meaning of the word I'm putting it down to you Rampant yet Crypto-homosexuality.

I do know some highly religous and excitable Americans who would be happy to cure you If you wish, straighten you out like.:bigwave:

Obama has pledged to keep an open dialogue with Iran. He has to maintain non-partisan decorum, and not express any favouritism for any party there or he'll risk just erasing any future hope for a semblance of goodwill.

It has long been thought that the Iranian people would have got rid of the guy - but for the distractions caused by Bush's crazystupid government.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Obama has pledged to keep an open dialogue with Iran. He has to maintain non-partisan decorum, and not express any favouritism for any party there or he'll risk just erasing any future hope for a semblance of goodwill.

It has long been thought that the Iranian people would have got rid of the guy - but for the distractions caused by Bush's crazystupid government.

It's going to be very difficult for anyone in Iran to trust the Americans since they have meddled in their democratic elections in the past.

Lookup up Operation Ajax

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Revolutions seem to be a bit like Spurs used to be with the cups...

In a year ending with a 9!

Iranian Islamic, 1979, Eastern Europe, 1989..

Not to mention Charles I losing his head in 1649, and the French revolution in 1789

Or Cuban revolution (1959), Spanish fascist (achieved 1939), Chinese communist (achieved 1949)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Revolutions seem to be a bit like Spurs used to be with the cups...

In a year ending with a 9!

Iranian Islamic, 1979, Eastern Europe, 1989..

Not to mention Charles I losing his head in 1649, and the French revolution in 1789

1649 wasn't really a revolutionary year though, in fact the fighting had pretty much stopped then.

You missed out Tiananmen square which was also in 1989. And in this country, there was the Norfolk rising of 1549 and Northumberland's rebellion of 1569.

However, it's 1848 that's known as the year of revolution - do you think they all acted one year early?

Back to the Iranians, I reckon it's going to turn a lot bloodier - there are already reports that 6 people have died and I can't see this dying down any time now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here