Iran complain to IOC about London 2012 logo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London 2012 organisers dismiss racism claims over Olympic logo | Mail Online

12_OG_logo1_360.gif

They reckon it spells "Zion"....

The Iran Labour News Agency reported a letter from Mohammad Aliabadi, head of the National Olympic Committee in the Islamic republic, to IOC president Jacques Rogge claiming the logo was racist.

The letter states: "Unfortunately, we all are witnessing that the upcoming Olympics faces a serious challenge, definitely spawned out of some people's racist spirit. The use of the word Zion by the designer of the Olympics logo in the emblem of the Olympics Games 2012 is a very revolting act".

Aliabadi warned that Iran's participation in the Games would be affected if the logo was not changed.

:facepalm:
I'd fully understand if they complained because the logo was utterly SHIT, but Allah up a stick, what the frig are this mob on about ??

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hope they succeed and its scraped before 2012 not because of the Zion stuff but because its just plain awful

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I can see the word Zion in the logo. But what is the logo actually supposed to be?

Is it a guy running?

Looks to me like Lisa Simpson giving a blow job.
Thats all I ever see when I clap eyes on it.

LS6

Nov 9, 2010
Lisa Simpson giving head. That is all it will ever look like to me. It barely even looks like '2012'

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It looks to me like some sort of London edifice crumbling. Selhurst Park?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I say f*** Iran, I am not sure that having them there will improve the games anyway, but will in fact reduce the security bill in half by not having them there, so dont f***ing come....wankers.
But it does look like Lisa Simpson giving a BJ...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I know we are currently locked in a time of cost cutting, but I would not like to see the feelings of a country negelected or worse yet, force them to withdraw due to a racist logo. I believe the original design cost in the region £400k and there would obviously be a large waste of money from various signs, paraphanelia already produced, but it would be money well spent.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Even if there was any merit in this ridiculous claim, its a bit bloody LATE isn't it ? This crappy logo has been knocking around for 2 or 3 years, and they suddenly get all arsey about it now ?

Oh well, I supposed this will be blamed when they kick off a bombing campaign during the event.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
When I saw the thread title I thought the complaint was going to be that the logo was too sexually graphic.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here