Iran complain to IOC about London 2012 logo

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I thought it was a Slade tribute as in "Cum on feel the NOIZ"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you turn the 2012 logo on its side you can make out the Amex Stadium and the surrounding university campuses.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
It took me ages to realise that it was
Not the best of logos.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not the best of logos.
Agreed. Like everybody else all I could see, can see, is Lisa Simpson behaving inappropriately. Like those optical puzzle things that were all the rage a few years back if I stare at it long enough I can just about make out that it spells 2012 in the layout you describe, but then it flicks back to Lisa again. I'm guessing it was done that way as the pony-tailed, cocaine-snorting, black polo-necked sweater wearing creative types who designed it thought it looked 'edgy' and 'street'. Odd that out of all the elements of London they could have projected they chose gang culture but never mind, it's all blood under the bridge now.

Still, knowing how 'the PC brigade' (I know they hate that term so let's call them the snivelling wankers instead) always demand that action is taken whenever a supposed minority group feels that they've been insulted there is hope yet that it could be scrapped. I too am with our Muslim brothers, I am APPALLED that the British government has allowed, indeed, encouraged this deeply offensive Zionist propaganda and I DEMAND that they adopt a more culturally-sensitive logo that doesn't offend a large percentage of the world's population - and that includes those who are offended by the graphic description of young girls performing sexual acts.

And while you're at it scrap those ridiculous mascots which look like they've escaped from a Mazuma Mobile advert.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Not the best of logos.

yep. Infact it took having these dicks complaining about it for me to find out.

It's embarassing really. You see loads of great design from people in the uk. Sake, even plenty of my friends can do better. Even I with a copy of photoshop and a few free fonts could make it look better.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
f*** em, the logo has been stamped all over the games' various official sponsors' labelling for the past 2-3 years, they're not going to change it now!

I must be in a minority in thinking that it's actually quite a good design in that it's instantly recognisable, that's the job a logo is supposed to do isn't it?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
f*** em, the logo has been stamped all over the games' various official sponsors' labelling for the past 2-3 years, they're not going to change it now!

I must be in a minority in thinking that it's actually quite a good design in that it's instantly recognisable, that's the job a logo is supposed to do isn't it?
I think any logo that has had the publicity of the Olympic one would be recognisable. As you say it's been plastered over everything for a while now and you'd have to be pretty insular not to know what it's for.

Some of us still remember World Cup Willie.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The-2012-Olympic-logo-looks-like-Lisa-Simpson-giving-a-BJ-full.jpg

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Some people will only ever see what they want to see with these things.

That's why the mad Iranians only see the word ZION and the likes of Easy only see Lisa Simpson noshing someone off

For the record, until I opened this thread it just said '2012' to me in a really crap font. Now I can only see young Simpson disgracing herself. But not ZION. No.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I had not noticed the Lisa Simpson bit fantastic now it is pointed out.

I suspect this is Lord Coe in a last desparate attempt to get the British people to like the logo by making us all think Iran hates it.

Rubbish logo designed by committee.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Looks to me like Lisa Simpson giving a blow job.
Thats all I ever see when I clap eyes on it.

Me too.

I'd hadn't even realised that it was supposed to say 2012 until someone mentioned it on here.

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
It is a f***ing national disgrace of a logo. Every advertising, PR and new media firm in Britain must have wept when they saw it- after all is this the BEST Britain could come up with?

And Iranian Olympic Committee- just in case you are reading this, scouring the internet trying to find more evidence of a zionist, imperialist, communist, sunni, hindu or zoroastrian plot to destabilise the regime- Don't be so bloody paranoid!

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
You'd think they would have more to worry about, like Israeli F16's coming over the horizon than this shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here