Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipwich Star report on the banner

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a good and clear article. Judging by the widespread criticism from Ipswich fans in general I feel less aggrieved by this banner incident than before.
To be honest I was never aggrieved in the first place (just confused), but if I had been, the reaction of proper Ipswich fans (and that article) would be enough. Basically a few idiots that no one understands. Move on, nothing to see here.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good to actually run the piece, although he has shamelessly nicked half of the ideas and observations of one thread in particular on here.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think Tom's reply in the comments is the best

"The message of the banner is clear - it is a pun on the barclaycard advert ("some things in life can't be bought....for everything else there is barclaycard....") and is making the point that these days football can be bought, e.g. a stadium named after a credit card. If you can't see the message, then you must be pretty thick. As for it applying to Ipswich Town as well being owned by a millionaire- I am sure that is the point - it does! They are part of the "anti modern-football" contingent who also had that banner at Chelsea away a few years ago. As for the totally over the top reaction on here and by the Brighton fans, why? They are entitled to their opinion. It was not offensive or obscene. It was their right to free speech. You may disagree, but that is life. To say they bring disgrace to the club is nonsense. I thought the banner made perfect sense and was quite witty - although probably too much so for the average football fan's intelligence. "

It would appear Tom is even a master fisherman, or the twat that pulled the stunt.

He appears vastly superior to the other 20486 people in the ground who didn't have a f***ing clue what it was about, but still seems thick enough that even though the reporter pointed out who's slogan it is, doesn't know the difference between Barclaycard and Mastercard??

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Getting confused in adverts is not new for thicko supporters of other teams.

In 1983 we were sponsored by British Caledonia and Man U fans (and others) chanted we'll take more care of you, from the advert for British Airways!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here