Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipwich Star report on the banner

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I can quite safely say that the reaction of the *vast* majority of Ipswich Town fans has made me like them more, not less. That banner has actually made me realise what a good bunch they are, on the whole. I'm not sure many other Championship clubs would be quite so contrite if they did something similar.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The Ipswich PR spokesperson spends all year waiting for an issue to arise & when one comes up, a banner of substantial size & insulting to the opposition, simply sits on their hands for two days...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
From an Ipswich fan on the match report page, responding to a Brighton fan's query about the banner...

Seagull: a banner has possibly two, perhaps just one person responsible for it. On that evidence your moron fans booed 2.5 thousand people. Are you the thickest fans in the entire country?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
From an Ipswich fan on the match report page, responding to a Brighton fan's query about the banner...

Seagull: a banner has possibly two, perhaps just one person responsible for it. On that evidence your moron fans booed 2.5 thousand people. Are you the thickest fans in the entire country?

Looked like considerably more than "possibly two" of them holding it up though. If away fans had done the same thing at Portman Road the response would have been exactly the same, as that is human nature.

All in the past now, Ipswich are clearly embarrassed by the whole incident so I don't think we'll hold a grudge.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Looked like considerably more than "possibly two" of them holding it up though. If away fans had done the same thing at Portman Road the response would have been exactly the same, as that is human nature.
Indeed, plus abusing away fans: fun.

Presumably this fellow is so inbred he can't think or look at a photograph. Sad, really.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can quite safely say that the reaction of the *vast* majority of Ipswich Town fans has made me like them more, not less. That banner has actually made me realise what a good bunch they are, on the whole. I'm not sure many other Championship clubs would be quite so contrite if they did something similar.

I agree, most Ipswich fans have been very quick to distance themselves from the banner makers' ignorance.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I've met the bloke who wrote that, he's a good guy who knows his stuff and has written supportive articles about us before, and absolutely the right man for the job of putting the strange people who made that banner in their place. Good work mate.

Second that, very good piece which will hopefully now be the end of the matter

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

How many were holding it up?! Must've been 40 or so.

And other fans around them could have asked them to take it down.

I think the point they were trying to make may have been about the naming of the stadium, but they misjudged it big time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How many were holding it up?! Must've been 40 or so.

And other fans around them could have asked them to take it down.

I think the point they were trying to make may have been about the naming of the stadium, but they misjudged it big time.

To be fair, it seems the majority didn't even know it - or anything - had been put up.

They were quite baffled when we started booing them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If a few idiots of ours take a banner to there place next season it will be very very embarassing ...

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I noticed one poster on that comments thread trying to justify it (and attacking those who said it made no sense as being "thick"): so I'm guessing he was one of the people responsible, as everybody else seems pretty much united in thinking it moronic.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They could buy a Brand New Combined Harvester

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Glad to see that even in cousin lovin' country they're taking against the banner perpetrators.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here