Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich v Leicester..............

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
can only be going ahead because the sky cameras are there, the conditions are terrible, if it was not a televised game, there would be no way this would have taken place.
(Ipswich 1 Leicester 0 Rory Fallon)

doubt it, they called off skys biggest game of the weekend and the Chelsea game today.

D

Deleted User X18H

Didnt the supporters invade the pitch at a Fulham match to try to get it abandoned when they were losing but the score stood. Didnt it also happen in a cup tie at Arsenal in recent years over an injured player or am I getting mixed up.

Fulham was in 1983 the ref blew for a free kick and the thousands literally on the touchline ran on, thinking it was the final whistle . There was about 3 minutes left I think the game was abandoned but result stood. More recently Leeds fans invaded the pitch when they were losing at home to Ipswich (funnily enough) trying to get the game abandoned or face relegation to League 1, the ref announced over the P.A that they he would wait until midnight or next day to get the game completed . That shifted them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
doubt it, they called off skys biggest game of the weekend and the Chelsea game today.

Friday's game wasn't due to be on Sky. It's cos of xmas shopping and park and rides and agreements when we got Withdean that we play Dec games on Fridays. If you're going to post on the Albion forum, learn about us first :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As promised the e mail reply received from The Football League:

Hi Brian

Many thanks for your email.

Regulation 32.2 Duration of Matches states:

All League Matches shall be of 90 (ninety) minutes duration but any League Match
which from any cause whatever falls short of 90 (ninety) minutes' duration may
be ordered to count as a completed fixture or be replayed in full or in part on
whatever terms and conditions the Executive shall in their absolute discretion
determine and shall be played in compliance with these Regulations and the
Football Association Rules respectively and under the Laws of the Game as
approved by the International Football Association Board. In the event of
conflict between any such Rules, Regulation and Laws, as aforesaid, the Football
Association Rules shall prevail.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Kind Regards

Amanda

Amanda Craig
Customer Services Administrator
The Football League Limited

That answers the query there is no specific cut off time for abandoned games and all will be judged on their individual merit.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As promised the e mail reply received from The Football League:

Hi Brian

Many thanks for your email.

Regulation 32.2 Duration of Matches states:

All League Matches shall be of 90 (ninety) minutes duration but any League Match
which from any cause whatever falls short of 90 (ninety) minutes' duration may
be ordered to count as a completed fixture or be replayed in full or in part on
whatever terms and conditions the Executive shall in their absolute discretion
determine and shall be played in compliance with these Regulations and the
Football Association Rules respectively and under the Laws of the Game as
approved by the International Football Association Board. In the event of
conflict between any such Rules, Regulation and Laws, as aforesaid, the Football
Association Rules shall prevail.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Kind Regards

Amanda

Amanda Craig
Customer Services Administrator
The Football League Limited

That answers the query there is no specific cut off time for abandoned games and all will be judged on their individual merit.

Just done a bit more digging around.

All the laws of the game say is what I posted before Abandoned games must be replayed unless the laws of the competition say otherwise.

The rules and regulation of the FA say this:
The bold bit being most relevant, I think.

To me, it essentially says, we'll decide on a case by case basis. Though there is the other bit about letting the result stand if neither team are harmed by it, which probably plays a part in the decision.

Yay me! (eventually)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here