Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich town v Brighton and Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

D

Deleted member 2719

Fair enough I suppose Mouldy, but the last game was a bit of a low point, taken apart at home against a side that played our style better than us. Gus obviously picked them up, changed it around a bit and produced that performance today.

Believe you me i am glad he could get them motivated after the Watford match, to a comfortable win today. The jury is still out IMO, i will just wait to see what we do in the transfer window to judge him as a future Prem manager with us.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
well i did note your other post of a storming win....well done keep this positivity going ...its good

I've been so negative over 2012 and have said that I'm going to be positive and it has come to fruition. I have been wrong on many occasions in 2012 but 2013 is a good year for us. We have had a few bad results, players playing shit. Its the way we Play to our stenghs then we are a naughty team whereas team fears us. Teams should need extra pants when facing us at at home.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Great result, what a difference two up front makes.

Did we actually play 2 up front?
My impression was that Barnes played the role Buckley normally plays on the right (that Lopez played so poorly vs Watford)
I may be wrong but I think the difference was that Barnes has more of a strikers instinct than Lopez and so linked up with CMS better.
Like I said I may be wrong but I certainly didn't get the impression we had changed formation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did we actually play 2 up front?
My impression was that Barnes played the role Buckley normally plays on the right (that Lopez played so poorly vs Watford)
I may be wrong but I think the difference was that Barnes has more of a strikers instinct than Lopez and so linked up with CMS better.
Like I said I may be wrong but I certainly didn't get the impression we had changed formation.

Nor me.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just back. How Ipswich have won 5 from 7 is a total mystery - they were worse than gash and almost as bad as Shef Wed but not quite :D

Our 3 points came without breaking into a sweat and we dominated in all departments, it will give our confidence a much needed boost.

Can't really do ratings as nobody shone out or were weak, a good all round team performance ... Saying that I'd pick out Hammond for a commanding performance.

Great support from us ... None from them

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Didn't see this one coming in quite the manner it has. But it should shut up a few of the relentless internet doom merchants. #bhafc

Naylor didn't see it coming, does that make him a 'doom merchant'?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Christ almighty. What does uninproved mean? So Gus obviously thinks March is good enough on the bench, we are 3 up but if we put Solly March on we would go on to lose the match then?
Yes,but there again a couple of threads ago you were on the Gus out team.....you mean Gus got this right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here