Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ipods - sorry to ask....

I bought a 2nd generation Mini Ipod in Singapore on Monday for £110. 18 hours battery life, excellent sound, and in reality, will you really need more than 1000 odd songs at your disposal, when you can edit the playlists anyway?

Sound quality is great, seems very easy to use, white earphone look a bit gay, but a top purchase in my opinion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
MYOB said:
the only time my JazPiper is out of my pocket is when I'm not wearing something with decent pockets
You can still get arrested for that.

fatfingers

Aug 18, 2004
hove
as not being a computer geek can some one answer me a question?
have just bought a digital camera with a mp3 player built in,
not having the internet at home yet how can i change cd files loaded onto my pc at home into mp3 files, to download onto my new gadget?

answers in english please as im:shootself

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
fatfingers said:
as not being a computer geek can some one answer me a question?
have just bought a digital camera with a mp3 player built in,
not having the internet at home yet how can i change cd files loaded onto my pc at home into mp3 files, to download onto my new gadget?

answers in english please as im:shootself
You need an MPEG 3.1 with at least 2 meg and 512k RAM on your hard drive. As long as you're running Windows 98 onwards, just use a CLR ribbon cable via your USB, make sure your modem is switched to receive 1100 mhz via the Pentium alternate exceleron. Just take it up to about 4,000 rpm, let the clutch out slowly, allow it to roll forward and it should start no problem.

Last edited:

niknokseagull

Give us a biscuit
Oct 8, 2003
London
iPod's like Nokia phones (at least those of a few years ago) are the most popular devices of their type because they do what they do very well. Combining ease of use with good design is a simple strategy for introducing a new technology to the mainstream. They just hit on the formula better than anyone else. For sure, other manufacturers will catch up and better it at some point, but right now, it's probably the best option on the market.

There's a MYOB for every type of technological device available. In fact, there's no difference to what he/she has said about the iPod as AppleMac owners of the past have been saying about the rest of us who use PC's. Some valid points but at the end of the day, the iPods satisfied a very large and lucrative customer need better than anyone else.

Simple really.

PS. Don't know where you heard about iTrip's being so dangerous. No worse than a mobile phone to be honest.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
MYOB said:
The freedom to dump a folder onto a memory card thats in the slot on the front of my PC and put the card in the player is much, much better that using iTunes, which is the worst audio player ever made, quality wise (according to verified, double blind listening tests)

how did listening tests for ITUNES work then? does it sound different to real player when put thru a PC speakers??

if you meant ipod, is the worst audio player ever made.. thats quite a silly statement don't you think :jester: :lolol:

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
i got an ipod 4G with an iTrip.

it works well, is easy to use, itunes is easy to use (no dragging and dropping - myob, what are you on about?).

The range of the itrip is about 10 feet so you won't get arrested, or even interfere with someone elses signal for more than a split second, plus it's probably a lot safer than living near a radio transmitter, mobile mast or having a mobile phone.

when was the last time soemone was killed by low power radio waves frying their brain?

i'm sure that there are equally good mp3 players out there - the creative zen and zen micro look good, but money wasn't an issue for me so who cares.

if you live your life by the rules that everything has to be the best value for money then think about the clothes u wear, the car u drive etc etc

it's your money, spend it on what u want, the ipod is trendy, but having said that, it does its job and is reliable and easy to use.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Sorry to ask? I bet you are now!

Listen, if you aren't a techie, the iPod is great. It'll do everything you want it to; I'm sure you'd be very pleased with one. It's an added bonus that they look great (oh MYOB, how you must HATE me), I have one and they are certainly desireable looking objects.

To agree with what others have said, there are definitely better valued and better quality MP3 players out there, so do some research and see what you can get for your money.

As someone said earlier, there is a MYOB for every bit of technology out there. If you want a TV someone can rant on for hours about how Phillips are crap and overpriced, but if it works well and looks good, why would you be concerned?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Philips are good though, I have an old (well, six years) Philips web cam and it easily out performs any Creative or Logitech I've seen. It's not a frivellous item as I use it to video conference with various relatives in Canada and friends all over the world.

Philips TVs are quality too as far as I'm concerned.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
bhaexpress said:
Philips are good though, I have an old (well, six years) Philips web cam and it easily out performs any Creative or Logitech I've seen. It's not a frivellous item as I use it to video conference with various relatives in Canada and friends all over the world.

Philips TVs are quality too as far as I'm concerned.

It's just an example. I've no idea whether Philips are a good brand or not! I guess that goes to prove my point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here