• iPhone 3GS - Won't bother upgrading

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 13 18.1%

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Curious as to whether people who currently own an iPhone will bother upgrading or wait till this time next year and go for the 5. Personally perfectly happy with my iPhone 4 and have no problem holding on to it for another year. Just waiting for the new iOS now.

Edit: Just noticed the amateur mistake in the title, not a 4GS its just a 4S. Please accept my humble apologies.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
iPhone 4 does all the essential and non-essential stuff well enough. The notifications overhaul was the only thing that was screaming for change and that's coming in iOS 5.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep, the financials don't make sense really to go from 4 to 4GS, unless you like throwing money away. It does look good, but not enough to have lost £250~ on a 12 month old phone. IOS5 is more exciting for me, as an ipad + iphone user

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Upgrading from a 4 to a 4S is an expensive move. I'm happy to wait for the 5.
But roll on 12 Oct for the iOS5 release!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Can't decide right now. Will probably give iOS5 a go on my 3GS and see how it handles it and decide from there. It is upgrade time, but if the minimum contract on a 4GS is 24 months I imagine I'll steer clear for now, if I can get it on less then.... well, we'll see.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I need the 64mb version. My current one is full without any videos or all my music on it.

Won't get much on there! :jester:

Seriously though, the iPhone 4S is a great phone, but it's not really enough for people to upgrade from the 4. The only thing I'm found wanting is a larger screen. And perhaps a better camera. The camera does look pretty impressive though... As does Siri. Actually can I change my mind? I think I'll upgrade.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i read some analysts are expecting the 4GS to outsell the 4G. im wonder why anyone would make a point of upgrading to a new phone that doesnt even look any different? i mean, how are you supposed to show off that you've got the latest toy if it looks like the old one? lets be honest, thats the large driver of sales for these phones.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i mean, how are you supposed to show off that you've got the latest toy if it looks like the old one?

you raise a good point. I'm hoping there is a discreet 4s logo somewhere. But obviously not too discreet that no one can see it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't care as have HTC Desire - grins smugly!

Ah bless (and tilts head to one side and smiles in a slightly patronising manner.)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Just watched a video of Siri and if it works like the video I want it in my life!

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Hmmm. Now whats happening with me is this. I currently have a nokia 6300. My son in law has the i phone 4 and my daughter has the i phone 3 (not sure whether it's the g gs or what) but son in law is upgrading, giving his phone to the missus, and she is giving me hers. Just put my sim in it and away i go. Simples. (i hope)

D

Deleted member 18477

iPhone 3GS is still a gem of a smartphone! O2 simplicity contract as my original 18 month ran out a while back.

Simplicity contract £15 a month - lovely jubbly thank you very much!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
iPhone 3GS is still a gem of a smartphone! O2 simplicity contract as my original 18 month ran out a while back.

Simplicity contract £15 a month - lovely jubbly thank you very much!

Ditto

PS if the second hand market in a 4 becomes a bit more competitive price wise..i might go for a 4 on my simplicity contract

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I'll stick with my Nokia thank you very much

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] Some advice please.

My nearly 2 year old HTC HD2 is on its last legs, I was going to wait for the Iphone 5 as my contract ends in 6months time but kind of feel like buying a 4s out right, Cutting down my contract sim and away I'll go, then I can sell it in 6 or 7 months time when the 5 comes out as they don't seem to lose much money. Stupid idea or not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here