Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 13 18.1%

• Total voters

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] Some advice please.

My nearly 2 year old HTC HD2 is on its last legs, I was going to wait for the Iphone 5 as my contract ends in 6months time but kind of feel like buying a 4s out right, Cutting down my contract sim and away I'll go, then I can sell it in 6 or 7 months time when the 5 comes out as they don't seem to lose much money. Stupid idea or not?

I know your question is aimed at Bozza.

However, I'll bite. What is it you want from iPhone 5 that isn't a part of iPhone 4S?

Judging from how long it took for 4S, it is possible that iPhone 5 will be out June 2013.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Done and awaiting delivery, the Siri functionality is a bit spesh I have to say, no more need to mistype on Texting, let the phone send it!!

I think this may be the test release model for the Iphone 5 which I think may well be groundbreaking technology!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Stick with my 3gs til the 5 is out!

Same here, it will be out soon enough when sales of 4s disappoint those at Apple-although there are enough Apple groupies out there who buy into anything they put out for the 4s to sell millions.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I know your question is aimed at Bozza.

However, I'll bite. What is it you want from iPhone 5 that isn't a part of iPhone 4S?

Judging from how long it took for 4S, it is possible that iPhone 5 will be out June 2013.

I just get a feeling that if they've held it off and chucked out a 4s then it is likely going to be BIG. I was thinking maybe 4G and a battery to cope plus a few other bits and bobs. That said if its not out til Juneish 2013 I think I will go for the 4s just thought the 5 was meant to be out in 6months or so.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I just get a feeling that if they've held it off and chucked out a 4s then it is likely going to be BIG. I was thinking maybe 4G and a battery to cope plus a few other bits and bobs. That said if its not out til Juneish 2013 I think I will go for the 4s just thought the 5 was meant to be out in 6months or so.

The timeline of Apple releases tends to be: regular updates (often yearly) for a new product, followed by a slowing down of pace. We've seen it with OS X, iLife, iMacs and now iOS and iPhone. Rarely, if ever, does the pace quicken.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Ah bless (and tilts head to one side and smiles in a slightly patronising manner.)

Spots I phone user on long train journey in a panic as all the wonderful capability sucks the battery dry whilst I calmly reach into pocket and insert the spare battery into my Desire.

If you like straight out of the box usability then maybe the iPhone is for you. However, if you are the slightest bit tech minded then Android with its customization possibilities should be your choice. The only gripe I have ever had with my Desire was the small internal memory which can necessitate some app size management. However, that can be addressed by rooting if you feel confident enough plus loads more apps can now be moved to the SD card. I also can't stand the Apple Fan boy mentality whereby Apple can do no wrong.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I am still on an iPhone 3 (not even 3GS) and so will be upgrading

My GG sim card arrived this morning (v quick). Look out for a credit when I register it next week! I've got the 3G, and will be buying a new iPhone outright I think and using the GG sim. I'd probably stick with the 3G to be honest for another 12 months, but the wife wants it, and so an upgrade for me makes sense. Also considering the iPhone 4 if the price drops below £400, but will probably go 4S as eventually that will go to the wife as well (she gets all my technology hand-me-downs!).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The timeline of Apple releases tends to be: regular updates (often yearly) for a new product, followed by a slowing down of pace. We've seen it with OS X, iLife, iMacs and now iOS and iPhone. Rarely, if ever, does the pace quicken.

I agree, and with the economic downturn, I doubt they'll be chucking $$$ at the development of a new iPhone 5 when the other models (inc. 3GS) are still selling like hot cakes worldwide.

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
I've just upgraded from my 3GS to the 4S on an 18 month contract with Vodafone. It seemed the right thing to do.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Does the 4s have the same antenna problems that the 4 did? Or has this been fixed does anyone know?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] Some advice please.

My nearly 2 year old HTC HD2 is on its last legs, I was going to wait for the Iphone 5 as my contract ends in 6months time but kind of feel like buying a 4s out right, Cutting down my contract sim and away I'll go, then I can sell it in 6 or 7 months time when the 5 comes out as they don't seem to lose much money. Stupid idea or not?

Yep - go for it.

A second hand iPhone 4 in good nick will still go for c£300 today. As such the cost of ownership, as with all Apple kit, is better than anything else around.

AT&T sold over 200,000 iPhone 4Ss on pre-order in 12 hours - the best ever launch they've had for an iPhone - there's huge appetite for this new phone. If they'd put it in a new case and put a 5 on the back, people would be wetting themselves. It's a fantastic bit of kit.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I've presently got a Nokia 5800 on Vodafone, while my Dad has an old Nokia on O2 that I got years ago and passed on to him. I'm thinking of passing the Nokia 5800 on to him, or getting a cheap upgrade from Vodafone (he doesn't use all the tech stuff), and getting an I Phone 4S for myself on the 02 contract. The O2 contract was through the Carphone Warehouse some years ago. If I wanted to do this, would I have to get the PAC number if I wanted to buy an I Phone 4S and go for O2 Simplicity (I want to keep the same number as Dad uses)? If so, should I go to the Apple Store and buy a phone from them and then get an O2 Simplicity sim, or am I better going to Carphone Warehouse and seeing what deal they are willing to offer me?

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
got the iphone 4 love it...cameras great...everything about it is quality, heard there are probs with iphone 5 like overheating hence the pull back of release...thiss phone does what i need it to do and i am happy happy happy....

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Top Tip

iPHONE 4 owners. Convince people on the bus that you have an iPhone 4S by shouting "WHAT'S THE WEATHER LIKE?" at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here