Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ipad2 or samsung galaxy tab???

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
hello all

looking at getting either an ipad2 or samsung galaxy tab, but am completely unsure which is the better one? i'd appreciate any opinions if you have any

thanks

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
Well im looking to get an iPad 2, decided that iPad was the best after a lot of research, tried a Samsung and they are not as good in my opinion.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If you like ease of use and some quality apps, etc then get an iPad

If you like customisation and root access to things then get the tab.

Really is down to personal preference, but definitely try both before you decide

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Well im looking to get an iPad 2, decided that iPad was the best after a lot of research, tried a Samsung and they are not as good in my opinion.

reading the spec on SGT it does sound good, although i am used to my iphone and have everything geared up to using it, so i may be better off sticking with an ipad

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
If you like ease of use and some quality apps, etc then get an iPad

If you like customisation and root access to things then get the tab.

Really is down to personal preference, but definitely try both before you decide

cheers,
is it right ipad doesn't use adobe flash?, so highights on bbc are a no go ?????

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
If you're looking to use it purely as a multimedia device, Ipad2 hands down, if you're using it for work look elsewhere, Blackberry Playbook or the Acer (Windows 7)are good alternatives.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
hello all

looking at getting either an ipad2 or samsung galaxy tab, but am completely unsure which is the better one? i'd appreciate any opinions if you have any

thanks
ipad 2 all day long Sharpey, ive got a tab & they are pony. Mrs has got an ipad1 and they are different class.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If you already have an iPhone, and you like it and are used to it, I suggest you stay within the iOS eco-system. Must be much easier to have the data of your phone and tablet synced up if they're from the same manufacturer, especially with iCloud coming out.

Also, if you buy an iPad you can use apps you've already bought for your iPhone on your iPad. Doesn't seem much point spending money buying the same or similar apps you've already got all over again.

As others have said, Android allows for way more customisation. And Flash. Not sure how important that is for you or how well Flash works on the Samsung Tab.

Gumbo

Feb 18, 2009
There is a review of tabs in sunday Times 'In gear' section today, worth a read, ipad got 5* and the galaxy only 3* if that helps..

leamo

Jul 27, 2011
Sussex by the sea...
Samsung galaxy tab better imo. Android os is very good and apps are also readily available. Full flash support that the ipad doesn't have is a big yes for videos and footy highlights!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
The fact that you say you already use an iPhone is the clincher, definitely go for the iPad 2. The Samsung's a decent tablet, but the iPad 2 will work exactly how you expect it to, which is important (imo). It doesn't support flash, but increasingly websites are detecting when they're being accessed by an iOS device and sending a non-flash video stream instead: so, iPlayer works great (there's a separate app, but it works fine accessing it through the browser too), and clips on the BBC sites more generally are fine.

And Smith Did Score

May 9, 2010
Glasgow
IMO I would get the iPad 2. I have used one since launch day and have very little issue with flash. As a previous poster explained, many popular sites are now optimised for iPad. The others are hanging their hats on the fact that iPad doesn't support flash and advertise it heavily. The others are all trying to keep up. It's the same thing with the iPhone. As the ad says "if you haven't got an iPhone ....well... You haven't got an iPhone" I never use a pc in the house anymore and if you buy an apple tv and hook it up to an hd tv then the iPad is even better.
THese are just my views!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm actually living in the last century still and have just been "given permission" by vodafone to upgrade my phone from the shitty 3g one i currently have. In a herculean effort to drag myself into the 21st centrury i've decided to just f***ing buy everything. My understanding, which as you can tell is piss poor, is that the android thing is more user friendly so would I be right in saying that if I don't have an i phone at present and I upgraded to an android phone and got the galaxy tab thing then they'd be vaguely compatible? Or am I just talking a load of old pony? Views welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here