Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interview with Paul Barber

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If prices go up when do they ever come down again?

They would go down if people refused to pay the cost of the catering on offer as they would just have to bin it and lose money

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
To be fair I have never said you were not entitled to your opinion, which is why I asked where you thought you are being fleeced so I had your opinion? Pricing for match day tickets are higher this year but this syrely keeps season tickets prices down, so surely if you are going to most matches get a season ticket and save money and if you can only go to the odd game then you pay more! I think the 'we are a community club' and we will become 'detatched' as fans is all nice in theory but you need to realise that this club is not the club that played at Withdean. If we get to the Premiership things will change again and not for the cheaper. It's called supply and demand, I understand you points but take an opposing view to you.....I think that is allowed.

No, you didn't and I was trying to imply you were. I'm sorry if it came across that way. As I did say, without my season ticket I wouldn't be able to go. I appreciate the monthly direct debit option, and I'm sure everyone who pays that way appreciates it as well. I understand your opinion, I do stand in opposition. We can be a Premier League club without shedding the community club philosophy, and we don't have to charge through the roof for match tickets, pies, etc. The club is very commercially savvy, I'm not saying it's a negative thing, but it's deffinitely a relevant thing.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If prices go up when do they ever come down again?

When your popularity is on the wane and you introduce Groupon "2 for the price of 1" type deals.

As Beach Hut says, the law of supply & demand

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Away fans are not subsidising our travel , home fans also pay the same price whether or not its used and setting prices £2 lower would be discriminatory.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Barnsley £28
Leeds £36
Burnley £30 or £28

It seems to vary with many clubs have catagory style systems, Wolves is only so cheap as it is a small following so they are in the end stand, anyone with large following is in side stand and charged more.

It's not crazy money nor is it cheap but then with the players we are signing and the direction we are going having to pay for the stadium and new training complex it will cost more. Last year was the night out, now is when you wake up hung over and see you receipt trail.

Also why this hate campaign about Barber? It is his job he was brought in by tb and co to do this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Firstly the Chelsea game is exactly the same price as the Spurs game last year so that hasn't risen, secondly none of the directors were at the Fans Forum last night because it was entirely football based with Gus, Charlie and Gordon Greer, and thirdly Cardiff has nearly sold out so the prices don't seem to be putting many people off.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
secondly none of the directors were at the Fans Forum last night because it was entirely football based with Gus, Charlie and Gordon Greer,

That was no coincidance. Very clever move by the club to keep it football only after the panel last year were bogged down by non-football questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here