Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interview with Paul Barber

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not sure this has been mentioned but interview with the new chief exec in a trade magazine

fcbusiness Magazine

Pages 8-10

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great interview seems very switched on.

But we can't like him cos some canadians didn't because their infinite refill drinks prices went up $3 or something

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Pesonally think he could be the best signing of the summer. Very experienced and has a great track record. I know some of the narrow minded buffoons will blame him for every price rise and change that the Albion make but they need to step into the modern era and realise to progress and become profitable we need some one like him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A great signing for the club from a business point of view, but I fear it will prove to be bad for the fans. As he is clearly such a competent businessman, I predict that he will milk the fans for every penny that he can over the next few years - from the price of season tickets, to the price of pies and pints.

There are already a few new costs that I find outrageous - in particular charging fees for children to be a mascot, as if such an amount makes any sort of difference to the club, and also the increase in price for what is already a very expensive ticket for away fans and general sale tickets.

Probably why he is a successful businessman, with top level experience within football, and you are not.

The stadium, players like Vicente, Bruno etc, all need paying for, and Uncle Tony has already given us far too much.

As long as we are at least in line with similar clubs of our size, in this division, we pay it, or find a new hobby.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pesonally think he could be the best signing of the summer. Very experienced and has a great track record. I know some of the narrow minded buffoons will blame him for every price rise and change that the Albion make but they need to step into the modern era and realise to progress and become profitable we need some one like him.
Lets just make a judgement on him once he's settled into his job, shall we? I don't think anyone who is sceptical is a "narrow minded buffoon", especially as we've only got his track record elsewhere to go on.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well I personally hope he doesn't turn our beloved community club into a corporate cash cow, maybe you're made of money I don't know but I don't want to see the Albion become one of the most expensive clubs in the country. There really was no need to raise the prices of tickets, especially as we have more seats now. The charging to be a mascot thing is beyond petty.

Maybe you will see things differently over the next few years if the Albion becomes an increasingly expensive hobby of yours - will you go "find a new hobby" too?

£37 a month for my season ticket is a bargain for Championship football, travel, lovely stadium, great team. What is the problem? I could even stretch to £50 a month for my hobby, supporting BHAFC. Much more than this, I'd have to consider my scenario, how the club is doing, but still plenty of breathing room.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Some people on hear want a brand new state of the art stadium, top signings and team to capable to get to the Premier League but think that prices should be equivilant to teh Withdean days. Matchday are higher but surely if you are going regulary get a season ticket for £37 a month, which INMHO is a bargin for decent football in a great arena. There is a price to pay and with supply and demand then the club will charge what they know they can sell.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We're not a noddy little club anymore, we're big time and with big time comes all the corporate expenditure and prices for all fans rising to pay for the facilities. Was always going to be this way and will only get more the higher up the leagues we rise.
Are we simply going to repeat the mantra "we are not a noddy club anymore" every time the club tries to absolutely fleece it's fans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here