Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interview with Bloom and Slade.

Henry764

Oct 15, 2009
I will be getting to Withdean considerably early tomorrow to attempt to get 60 odd seconds of each of Slade's and Blooms time, to adress some key issues. It will go towards my media coursework and Uni, but mainly, I am interested to here some truth on matters associated with our club at this moment in time. These will *hopefully* be filmed and I'll put them on youtube.

These are the rough questions that I'll ask..

Bloom:

1. Ticketing. We are loosing casual fans, why is there a complicated set up in place etc.

2. Slade being 3rd choice, if we lose today + next week, will you still be fully behind Slade? - If so, if we get into a relegation scrap, will this still be the case?

3. If, like Wembley, the Falmer construction falls behind, or there are any major increases in cost, how will these be covered?

Slade:

1. After a great success last year, things have not started too well so far. Are you happy with the way the team has progressed over the last month, and is there more to come?

2. Looking at the names on paper, and the money spent, it would seem as though we have a very capable squad. The team have had ample time to gel, what is it that isn't quite clicking just yet?

3. Fans are currently divided, whilst some are fully behind you, it is understandable that some will want change. If we lose the next two games, we will be firmly in the relegation zone, and your position could be touch and go. What can you do to ensure that results will change?

4. What is your current view on the two trialists, Roberts and Abdullei?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am fully behind Slade, i hope he is given this year, but I can understand that some wont change, and will want him gone.

Anyhow, if I could get some feedback, i.e which questions are rubbish, or any recomendations, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Henry. :ascarf:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
And you expect him to answer those very precise and driect questions?

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
1) Have you got press permission from the club? They might not want to be filmed...
2) What if Bloom is in Australia, and Slade is still ill?

Henry764

Oct 15, 2009
1) Have you got press permission from the club? They might not want to be filmed...
2) What if Bloom is in Australia, and Slade is still ill?

1) that is why i said 'hopefully.'
2) I know he is in England, and if Slade is ill, i shall try again next week!

If you dont ask, you dont get.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I will be getting to Withdean considerably early tomorrow to attempt to get 60 odd seconds of each of Slade's and Blooms time, to adress some key issues. It will go towards my media coursework and Uni, but mainly, I am interested to here some truth on matters associated with our club at this moment in time. These will *hopefully* be filmed and I'll put them on youtube.

Bloom:

1. Ticketing. We are loosing casual fans, why is there a complicated set up in place etc.

2. Slade being 3rd choice, if we lose today + next week, will you still be fully behind Slade? - If so, if we get into a relegation scrap, will this still be the case?

3. If, like Wembley, the Falmer construction falls behind, or there are any major increases in cost, how will these be covered?

Slade:

1. After a great success last year, things have not started too well so far. Are you happy with the way the team has progressed over the last month, and is there more to come?

2. Looking at the names on paper, and the money spent, it would seem as though we have a very capable squad. The team have had ample time to gel, what is it that isn't quite clicking just yet?

3. Fans are currently divided, whilst some are fully behind you, it is understandable that some will want change. If we lose the next two games, we will be firmly in the relegation zone, and your position could be touch and go. What can you do to ensure that results will change?

4. What is your current view on the two trialists, Roberts and Abdullei?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am fully behind Slade, i hope he is given this year, but I can understand that some wont change, and will want him gone.

Anyhow, if I could get some feedback, i.e which questions are rubbish, or any recomendations, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Blooms predicted bollocks

Answer 1: The game is ever changing and we need to keep up with that by using new methods such as improving a ticketing system of the modern era in aid of the clubs future.

Answer 2: Slade is a great servant and gives everything to the club, we all hope for the best.

Answer 3: The ground is in full speed with nothing to worry about

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Security...........

(any suggestions for a smiley to represent being evicted within 10 seconds of entering ground)

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Ask Slade to give Craig Davies a chance for a change and tell him Elphick needs to be dropped. Also remind him we need the trialist in soon with the tough fixtures ahead. Oh yeah and tell him to sign a natural leftfooter for the wing and fullback positions. A good journal dosent listen just asks, remember that!

Henry764

Oct 15, 2009
Ask Slade to give Craig Davies a chance for a change and tell him Elphick needs to be dropped. Also remind him we need the trialist in soon with the tough fixtures ahead. Oh yeah and tell him to sign a natural leftfooter for the wing and fullback positions. A good journal dosent listen just asks, remember that!

Well, I agree to a certain extent, but I think that is more telling than asking. A more suitable approach would be 'IS Davies going to be given a chance,' etc :lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Question 1) Will Bloom think your a tosser and tell you to f*** off.

Answer 1) Yes, yes he will. :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Bloom:

Media course?
University?

Are standards really this piss-poor? :wozza:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I will be getting to Withdean considerably early tomorrow to attempt to get 60 odd seconds of each of Slade's and Blooms time, to adress some key issues. It will go towards my media coursework and Uni, Anyhow, if I could get some feedback, i.e which questions are rubbish, or any recomendations, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Well good luck to you if you go through with it but my feedback would be to get to Withdean a bit later, having had another pint; and make up some answers while you are doing so! I just don't think they'd be interested.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Do you HONESTLY believe TB will publically undermine the manager of the club to a snotty student with a microphone ?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Good work getting either of them to answer those questions! If you do it will be a major coup and you should get top marks for your work!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
:lolol:

I love the way people can be so negative :lolol:

Take a CHILL pill.

OK, I'll be positive:

I managed to get interviews with Steve Gritt, Norman Cook and Robbie Reinelt in the dim and distant past for Brighton and Hove Albion related stuff.
In my experience, the best approach was to send a succint, courteous letter briefly outlining who I was, what I wished to ask and where it would be published. I also asked the recipient to select a time and place of their choosing for the interview should they agree.

All 3 phoned me back and agreed to interviews, which were relaxed, informative and great fun (from my point of view) to do. It also meant I got to visit the manager's office at Millwall FC, Norman Cook's house on the beach and Robbie Reinelt's parent's place in Essex.

I don't wish to be negative... but doorstepping the Chairman and the Manager, with a camera / recorder, hours before a match in the Withdean carpark, will get you nowhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here