Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interview with Bloom and Slade.

Henry764

Oct 15, 2009
I feel a sense of disappointment coming on for a student tomorrow.

If you want a proper interview, it's always best to go via the Press Office. Doorstepping them does not generally get you what you want.

The thing is, part of the work is just that. Scheduling is not 'allowed.'

I am pretty sure i wont get anywhere and, if I don't, that's fine. I shall search elsewhere.

Henry764

Oct 15, 2009
Why is scheduling not allowed?

Incidentally, doesn't your media training course include being able to write and spell English correctly - a vital tool for coherent communication?

It does, I am guilty of being slightly slack when online. Not a good habit I suppose.

Henry764

Oct 15, 2009
:lolol: No, there are two parts, one of which must be scheduled with a place organised, the other part to effectively do exactly what you just said.

Formula One Style..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My predicted answers, in bold.

I will be getting to Withdean considerably early tomorrow to attempt to get 60 odd seconds of each of Slade's and Blooms time, to adress some key issues. It will go towards my media coursework and Uni, but mainly, I am interested to here some truth on matters associated with our club at this moment in time. These will *hopefully* be filmed and I'll put them on youtube.

These are the rough questions that I'll ask..

Bloom:

1. Ticketing. We are loosing casual fans, why is there a complicated set up in place etc. Added security. If there are trouble makers in the crowd it is easier to ID them, and punish them accordingly, and easier to stop them sneaking back in if they are banned

2. Slade being 3rd choice, if we lose today + next week, will you still be fully behind Slade? - If so, if we get into a relegation scrap, will this still be the case? The media speculation made him Dick Knight's third choice. Since taking over Bloom has made no moves to replace him, making Slade his only choice for the job (was it also a requirement for withdean?)

3. If, like Wembley, the Falmer construction falls behind, or there are any major increases in cost, how will these be covered? The stadium is due to be finished shortly into next season, giving a fair few months buffer time for delays.

Slade:

1. After a great success last year, things have not started too well so far. Are you happy with the way the team has progressed over the last month, and is there more to come? The team is clearly playing better than they did early in the season, there is an improvement, but it hasn't been good enough

2. Looking at the names on paper, and the money spent, it would seem as though we have a very capable squad. The team have had ample time to gel, what is it that isn't quite clicking just yet? If I knew that it would have been sorted. All we can do is keep going and with hard wrk and a bit of luck it will click

3. Fans are currently divided, whilst some are fully behind you, it is understandable that some will want change. If we lose the next two games, we will be firmly in the relegation zone, and your position could be touch and go. What can you do to ensure that results will change? You don't know where we'll be after two losses. We're playing teams above us, so our losses don't guarantee wins for the teams below us. Therefore Your hypothesis is flawed.

However, to humour you, there will always be pockets of fans unhappy. If we were dominating the premier league, small pockets of the fans will be moaning about the plastic fans, and how they miss their little family club. I can't do anything about the fans views, which they have every right to, all I can do is do my job to the best of my abilities until Tony Bloom says otherwise.

4. What is your current view on the two trialists, Roberts and Abdullei? Very promising. They put in some good performances in their trials and we'll see if we can work something out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am fully behind Slade, i hope he is given this year, but I can understand that some wont change, and will want him gone.

Anyhow, if I could get some feedback, i.e which questions are rubbish, or any recomendations, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Henry. :ascarf:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here