Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

International Space Station visible tonight?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
cheers clip. Shall be out stalking the sky for it. It was a joy seeing it for the first time and it's got me hooked.

Wonder what size telescope you'd require to see the station instead of a moving light?

Crikey! I'm not sure what investment you would have to make to see the station. There is a very good telescope shop down in Goring (or close by) that is the place to shop if you want to start getting serious.

Sussex Astronomy Centre - Your Sussex Telescopes and Binocular Supplier! Can always give them a call and ask for advice. :)

If you want to get into it seriously without splashing loads of cash, look up your local astronomy club and the members there will let you look through their scopes and give decent advice. :)

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Crikey! I'm not sure what investment you would have to make to see the station. There is a very good telescope shop down in Goring (or close by) that is the place to shop if you want to start getting serious.

Sussex Astronomy Centre - Your Sussex Telescopes and Binocular Supplier! Can always give them a call and ask for advice. :)

If you want to get into it seriously without splashing loads of cash, look up your local astronomy club and the members there will let you look through their scopes and give decent advice. :)

Thanks. Those telescops look powerful. Think I'll drop in and enquire as Im now a novice at this. I'd like to visit one of those places where you can view the stars. Want to view the milky way and the other famous star systems.

Shall enquire in the morning.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
General Internet consensus is that using a telescope is a waste of time for the space station as it's too fast moving.

Like the Carlisle fans tomorrow you need a pair of the old bin ladens, binoculars to you non anti terrorist sorts.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Looks to be a perfect night to see the 6:56pm passing overhead tonight. Saw it with the kids on Friday night. Amazing concept that 45 minutes prior to seeing it , it was over Australia!!!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Did I see it??? Bright thing, travelling quite rapidly from SW. Thought it might have been a plane but was closer to looking like a star?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
caught it for about 15sec to much cloud

Me too.

Looks like tomorrow night at 7.22 is a better bet. Weather forecast says clear skies and looks to be visible for up to 3 minutes (Friday was 1 min).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
International-Space-Station.jpg

Thanks. Those telescops look powerful. Think I'll drop in and enquire as Im now a novice at this. I'd like to visit one of those places where you can view the stars. Want to view the milky way and the other famous star systems.

Shall enquire in the morning.

Not much use where you are but I would recommend the Science Centre at Herstmonceux who hold monthly open evenings in the winter months when one or more of their big F.O. telescopes are in use with someone who knows what they are looking for to assist. Fab place to visit with kids, lots of things to push, pull, prod and poke in the name of science.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here