Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internal Amex Pictures

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
I seem to remember the contract manager saying in the Argus at some point that even after the handover date this week there is still 4 more weeks work to be done on the east stand before its finished.

Whilst overjoyed at the prospect of sitting in my block D East stand looking up at the super west stand I too am looking at the level above the 1901 in the east and thinking is that the finished look ?? surely some banners ? maybe even a crowd scene or at least something to blend in the concrete and beams ?? can anyone confirm what the interim look is ? I know were nit picking but hey with no transfer talk we need to do something :0

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Whilst overjoyed at the prospect of sitting in my block D East stand looking up at the super west stand I too am looking at the level above the 1901 in the east and thinking is that the finished look ?? surely some banners ? maybe even a crowd scene or at least something to blend in the concrete and beams ?? can anyone confirm what the interim look is ? I know were nit picking but hey with no transfer talk we need to do something :0

I hope so too!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
When the East Stand (upper tier) is finished I guess the upper tier will overhang the lower tier as there doesn't appear to be much room up there for seating - as in the WSU. Anybody seen any official plans or is it not at design stage as yet?

ps I've seen on other threads posters' paintshop interpretations.

Hope this shows it clearly. I think the photos look deceptive. There is actually room for a fair number of seats up there.

Attachments

• east stand 2nd tier.JPG
    east stand 2nd tier.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 354

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Corners as well to get up to 30K. East stand 2nd tier alone will add about 3500-4000 seats I think. It is a bigger job than filling in the corners, but was designed to be done over the close season.

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
Been thinking that the best view will be from the East looking across at the mighty west stand.. i wont even see the upper East where I am but agree with patcham that some may be a tad disappointed with the upper East.. great post above though with the cross section with seats above.. now that will truely wow any visitor.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
i need some tissue

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
the west stand looks huge. feel the view from the west may look a bit dissapointing though...

I am but agree with patcham that some may be a tad disappointed with the upper West.. .

Can't agree with that. Have you chaps never sat in the upper tier of any other stadium?

I know it's subjective and some probably won't like it but I've always found from high up you get an awesome view of the game.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Can't agree with that. Have you chaps never sat in the upper tier of any other stadium?

I know it's subjective and some probably won't like it but I've always found from high up you get an awesome view of the game.

sorry i was actually thinking the east stand may look a tad dissapointing looking from West Lower as oppose to east standers looking at West. Didnt mean the view of the game which agree will be class from West Upper

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The lure of a seat in the East Upper would be very fine, probably the best view in the whole place ie facing the mighty West stand, players tunnel, and get some sunshine too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here