Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting Review of Brighton

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In recent times, it seems that Brighton has become an epicenter for outrageous pretension, you can literally smell the amount of art students fingering their vegan slop that cost £15 and the ‘organic food’ only mothers force feeding their bratty kids innocent smoothies and Manuka honey biscuits they probably bought from some expensive twattish café.

This and the fact that as soon as I mention from Brighton to anyone in the UK I then have to qualify with the words "but Im not gay"

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
So, basically we are a unique city with personality. If the writer does not like the place he can always go and live in Redhill, Reigate or Milton Keynes.

Anyone that moves away from Brighton soon realises how much they miss it. It has its faults but every city has. Personally I cannot think of a better city in the UK, honestly.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Whether what she writes is accurate or not, am I alone in finding it ironic that the content of that website is EXACTLY what she appears to be railing against?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Feel like slitting my wrists after reading that. What a miserable ****. Hes living in argubly the best city in England and all he can do is complain. Send that soppy little prick on a tour of the UK and im sure he'll soon change his tune

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Feel like slitting my wrists after reading that. What a miserable ****. Hes living in argubly the best city in England and all he can do is complain. Send that soppy little prick on a tour of the UK and im sure he'll soon change his tune

It's clear that you didn't read it though ... unless you really think that blokes have vaginas.

I agree with Carrot Cruncher, it's a bizarre article to find on a site extolling how hip and great Brighton is. At least she gets North Laine and Palace Pier right.

D

Deleted User X18H

Brighton is just a place to live in not to show off in and be 'seen in' to so many of us.

Last edited:

sammy g

The Author, as has been previously alluded to by other posts, is part of the Brighton clique she allegedly despises so much. A slave to fashion trends etc.

She is trying to get in with the oh so trendy, "Brighton's not hip/cool any more", before any one else does, despite the fact that there has been this philosophy doing the rounds ever since someone decided Brighton was trendy.

As someone else said, B'ton has its good bits and bad bits. Its been my home for thirty years and i am very proud of it,good and bad!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
In recent times, it seems that Brighton has become an epicenter for outrageous pretension, you can literally smell the amount of art students fingering their vegan slop that cost £15 and the ‘organic food’ only mothers force feeding their bratty kids innocent smoothies and Manuka honey biscuits they probably bought from some expensive twattish café.

The Spanish wrote that article then did he?

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I suggest the writer moves to Southend...

Brighton's unusual, if you don't like it, move to 95% of the other towns and cities in the UK and see if you miss the place.

Attention seeking is what that article came across as, along with the usual "students all hate students, not thinking it might be referring to them" attitiude.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
What a sneering and unpleasant person, the author of that article seems; ironically, she writes like the most dislikeable type of immature student. She doesn't do much for my image of Brighton. As I've written on here before, my picture of your town/city is based on the 1947 film of Brighton Rock; with a Googie Withers from Pink String And Sealing Wax working in a quaint old pub near the seafront.
Perhaps it's just as well that, owing to financial embarrassment, I won't be able to pay my first visit to the South Coast within the next year; I fear I'd have had my illusions shattered.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The Spanish wrote that article then did he?

whoever did, no matter what you think of the article, at least has the get up and go to try to entertain rather than tediously snipe from the sidelines in frustration at their chronic lack of anything genuinely interesting to say.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton is just a place to live in not to show off in and be 'seen in' to so many of us.

Is a load of nonsense. Firstly, you're ALWAYS boasting about which part of Brighton you live in - often with snide comments for those that live in the towns around it.

Secondly, Brighton would only ever be a town to live in and not feel some sort of pride (excuse the pun) to a complete and utter imagination-vacuum like yourself.

We've got high fashion meets high street, an embarrassment of cultural riches from England's biggest arts festival to annual free gigs and concerts, dozens of local festivals and fairs, an extraordinary diversity of views, a history of tolerance. People come to Brighton because it's quirky. Entrepreneurs take retail risks in Brighton that they wouldn't or couldn't anywhere else outside of London. How many other towns have a cafe culture?

Be proud of your town. It's like no other. It's louche, it's pretentious, it's sleazy and it's a lot of fun.

Viva Brighton!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here