Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interest rates to rise - you heard it first on NSC

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
[
Arthritic Toe on 8/3/2006[/i] [B]And another thing:angry: World interest rates are on the way UP. There is no way that the UK can remain out of line with the rest of the world without the pound tanking. In the city said:
Not true!

Interest rates are likely to stay on hold this year and if anything may decrease by about .25% if any movement does occur. Stick to subjects you know about sunshine.

Uncle Spielberg said:
Base rate has been around 4.50% for a year and as Dwayne has said is likely to hold around the level and dip to 4.25% by the end of the year.

Looks like your predictions are looking a bit shaky guys :lol: . See yesterdays FT!

Bank of England Signals Interest Rates Rise

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Where America leads we follow.

I think there is some concern that the house prices could rise sharply again so the Bank of England are going to put the brakes on early this time to see if it can be reduced.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Superseagull said:
Where America leads we follow.

I think there is some concern that the house prices could rise sharply again so the Bank of England are going to put the brakes on early this time to see if it can be reduced.

Bugger i was hoping to make a bit more cash on my investments.

Luckily i have a nice 10 year fixed rate at 4.89% so at least i know what i'll be paying.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lokki 7 said:
You can, buy some copper and put it under your bed.

Was discussing just that with a plumber last night. He says it's a bit like the German hyperinflation of 1923 with that stuff at the moment - the suppliers tell him to buy as early as possible because the price WILL be higher tomorrow, guaranteed. As with everything else, blame China.

Man of Harveys said:
Was discussing just that with a plumber last night. He says it's a bit like the German hyperinflation of 1923 with that stuff at the moment - the suppliers tell him to buy as early as possible because the price WILL be higher tomorrow, guaranteed. As with everything else, blame China.

There are rumours of copper rationing in the future. Buy it now.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
captainmorganrum said:
:clap2:
Yeah, ten-year fixed rates are the place to be.
Come to daddy!

If rates do go up - i took it on the basis i couldn't see them going much lower and at least i'd know what i was paying for the next 10 years and if all goes to plan i should be earning considerably more in 10 years when it ends.

For teh sake of .5 % cheaper on a 2 or 3 year fixed you get hammered with a £200 arrangement fee each time losing you any saving you would have made - depending on how much you have borrowed.

If rates do go up there will be alot of people really struggling who have mortgaged themselves to the hilt.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" Yeah, ten-year fixed rates are the place to be.
Come to daddy! "

Unless you want to sell the property and pay the mortgage off within the 10 years in which case you are likely to have a penalty of 5% of the mortgage amount.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
One of the best deals at the moment for new mortgages and re mortgages is 4.69%, 0.19% above the Bank of England base rate for the lifetime of the mortgage, no arrangement fee, free survey and free legals on re mortgages and no penalties at anytime, up to 75% loan to value.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Uncle Spielberg said:
" Yeah, ten-year fixed rates are the place to be.
Come to daddy! "

Unless you want to sell the property and pay the mortgage off within the 10 years in which case you are likely to have a penalty of 5% of the mortgage amount.

True, but i can transfer mine to another house if need be but see what your saying - could be an expensive move - say you split up with apartner and have to sell the house - ouch.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Man of Harveys said:
Bloody nora - but have you sold yet? ???

Hard to believe, given that I'm a raging bull and called it perfectly, and that at one point I was long £500 a cent move, but... I've made bugger all due to my shite trading through the wild fluctuations. Been trading in too big size basically and f***ed it up. But I stand by the copper prediction, even at these levels. I think it will double in price in the next year and is a safer buy now than silver (if you can live with the volatility).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here