Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interest rates to rise - you heard it first on NSC

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Copper prices are going crazy at the moment. My old engineering company that used thousands of tons of copper a year had a department that was soley responsible for the purchase and trading of raw copper. It made more money for the company by buying & selling raw copper on the markets than the company did by actually turning the copper into a useful product!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Just as well I've transferred my Credit Card balance to a ' fixed for the remaining term of the balance ' rate then !

But I really have still got to pay it off ASAP. Anyone going to offer me a pay rise ?!!!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In around 2000 mortgages I have arranged over the last 15 years I have done 1 on a 10 year fixed rate. As stated if you get a joint mortgage and split up and want to sell and buy or downsize you will be hit very hard with an early redemption penalty. Most people just cannot commit to that.

The government wants us to take out 25 year fixed rates like they do in the USA but until the lenders do something about these huge early redemption penalties for early repayment no one is going to commit to a 25 year deal no matter how good the interest rate is.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
AT -you must be a multi-millionaire with that ability to forsee the future!!

Oh you're not?

you're a failed (hobby) day trader

oh ok

x

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
dwayne said:
AT -you must be a multi-millionaire with that ability to forsee the future!!

Oh you're not?

you're a failed (hobby) day trader

oh ok

x

Go one - just one more time:

Interest rates are likely to stay on hold this year and if anything may decrease by about .25% if any movement does occur. Stick to subjects you know about sunshine.

or there's this one:

dwayne said:
so you are basing your Interest Rate outlook on a few currency contracts, on some 2 bob website ok *shakes head*

I'm basing my year prediction on a statement by the Bank Of England.

Looks like your mates on the MPC gave you a bum steer.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Best 10 year fixed rate now is 5.04%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here