Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

interest rates down to 3%

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Abbey are now running at a fixed rate of 5.39 which will certainly fall further. Not sure it was *that* bad advice considering that quote was from 15 months ago.

well if you consider a near 6% fix for two years from mid 2007 a good deal then good luck to you!

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
This is very good news short term,but very bad news long term as i expect interest rates to be up at the 8% in a couple of years time when inflation will get out of control.

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
This is very good news short term,but very bad news long term as i expect interest rates to be up at the 8% in a couple of years time when inflation will get out of control.

agreed. I expect we'll see interest rates bottom out at around 2-2.5% by next summer. If your mortgage deal ends soon after that then fix for a long long time

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I was happy today until I read about Bozza being under base rate with his tracker. Mine is 1.63% above base - my fixed finished in May this year, not the best time to be trying to remortgage. Still, probably a couple of hundred quid better off each month so musn't grumble (too much).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't be a twat........it is a sign of an extreme econmic downturn if you think the banks will pass this on to borrowers think again if you think the banks will pass this onto savers without a f***ing doubt ......like now!!!!

You really are a C A U C these days

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You really are a C A U C these days

Please be a little gentle with HB&B.

I have it on good authority that his remarks are stress related. He was sacked from his job for being useless, and this is a low point in his life.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rates on credit cards have actually RISEN this year to an almost universal 16.9% from the major lenders.

I gave them serious abuse for this on the Channel M news show at 5pm (repeated at 9pm on Sky Channel 203)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here