Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

interest rates down to 3%

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Earlier this year I switched my mortgage to a tracker with HSBC that was guaranteed 0.48% over base rate for length of the mortgage. Result!

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
As I understand it, a tracker rate is what the name says: it tracks the base rate. A number of banks are scrapping their tracker rate schemes - but I'm not sure how you can increase your tracker rate and still call it a tracker rate?

See answers above...

D

Deleted User X18H

when will you stupid f***ing people realise this is terrible when?? When they devalue or abolish Sterling ?? When they start turning the lights off at 5.30 pm ? When manufacturing goes so tits up the benefits system fails and people have to walk from the northeast to London to feed their families just so you lot can save a couple of quid a month!!!:angry:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
should be a nice saving for me! 0.5% cut took my mortgage down £80 a month so 1.5% should be rather tasty. Yes I am on a tracker!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let's have a mortgage competition:

Mine is a tracker at BoE base - 0.4%. Can anyone beat that?

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Nope, Im on a fixed rate rip off rate for the next 17 months

Im paying well over the odds and the get out clause is about 5 grand

ho hum

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
when will you stupid f***ing people realise this is terrible when?? When they devalue or abolish Sterling ?? When they start turning the lights off at 5.30 pm ? When manufacturing goes so tits up the benefits system fails and people have to walk from the northeast to London to feed their families just so you lot can save a couple of quid a month!!!:angry:

The 'couple of quid a month' is likely to be nearer £100-150 and as it will happen in December is likely to go straight into Christmas spending. This will give a further boost to the retail sector and might encourage people to spend on other things. People in my area aren't moving but are having their houses done up instead. At the very least it will give people a chance of keeping up their payments in the face of job losses or cutbacks.

What's more, I can see further rate cuts in a few months time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Although I can't be arsed to search out the posts now, you are the only poster on NSC who I recall seemingly celebrating the economic decline through your various inane ramblings.

I think most are well aware we are in shitty times and it's only going to get shittier before it gets better.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the last 7 days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches. Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, Shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived. While Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.

Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop Analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal.

Not heard that one before! :lol:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003

is that -0.4% as in under BoE rate? very good deal if it is. I've got +0.24 above BoE rate so I'm quite happy no matter what HBB thinks.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Not quite. 0.5%. Lifetime tracker with Woolwich.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
is that -0.4% as in under BoE rate? very good deal if it is. I've got +0.24 above BoE rate so I'm quite happy no matter what HBB thinks.

Yep, under base. No skill in this, obviously, just fortunate timing - arrange the mortgage in January '07 but didn't start it until August '07.

At the time I was moaning a bit, because the base rate went up a few times between January and August meaning that our mortgage payments were going up before we'd even started paying it. As it turns out, obviously, that has been more than compensated for now.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep, under base. No skill in this, obviously, just fortunate timing - arrange the mortgage in January '07 but didn't start it until August '07.

At the time I was moaning a bit, because the base rate went up a few times between January and August meaning that our mortgage payments were going up before we'd even started paying it. As it turns out, obviously, that has been more than compensated for now.

UNDER Base? so you are paying 2.6%. Nice one!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here