interest rates down to 3%

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the other day I started to work out how much I had paid to the Halifax/HSBC for an initial £25k Mortgage in 1982.

I gave up after depressing myself when I got to about £200k

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
check the small print ... some tracker mortgages have a MINIMUM rate clause below which it will not drop -- even if the interest rate goes down to 0%

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
when will you stupid f***ing people realise this is terrible when?? When they devalue or abolish Sterling ?? When they start turning the lights off at 5.30 pm ? When manufacturing goes so tits up the benefits system fails and people have to walk from the northeast to London to feed their families just so you lot can save a couple of quid a month!!!:angry:

I assume your fears for the health of the economy over this are because you agree with the theories recently asserted by a group of Austrian economists, but I would be interested to hear you elaborate on this yourself.

When the decision to cut interest rates has been taken to stimulate growth in an economy that is heading towards recession, why do you think this is a bad idea? Please explain, as I would seem to be one of the "f***ing stupid people" and could therefore do with some educating.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you tune into Sky Channel 203 for the 5pm news, you will see one of NSC's well known media WHORES giving his views on how the banks will stitch everyone up on this issue.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
the other day I started to work out how much I had paid to the Halifax/HSBC for an initial £25k Mortgage in 1982.

I gave up after depressing myself when I got to about £200k

On the other hand - how much is that 1982 £25k worth of property worth now?

when will you stupid f***ing people realise this is terrible when?? When they devalue or abolish Sterling ??:

We must NEVER abolish sterling. Control of the money supply to suit the UK economy is essential, Thatcher and new Labour both know this. Never vote for a candidate who advocates joining the Euro - if the EEC force us, we must withdraw and try and re-establish free trade with the Commonwealth.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On the other hand - how much is that 1982 £25k worth of property worth now?

true

although we were quoted that the house was worth £225k before the summer, I would have thought now, its probably worth around £180 ( or whatever someone will pay of course)

I am also on a minus the BofE base rate but only by 0.12%. You got deal of the year there Bozza.
I wonder how many people who took out mortgages via NSC posters advice are happy today. Anyone? It's a good opportunity to highlight the value of NSC I reckon. Step forward.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
"Now I did a post a couple of months ago stating this and advised people to get in on short term fixed rates urgently. Some " wise " people on here who are not mortgage advisors but feel they have the expertise told me when I did this that it was " a bad " time to fix. Abbey have increased their 2 year fixed rates 4 times in a month from 5.14% to a present 5.89%.

I don't want to say I told you so but I told you so.

Regards."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
should be a nice saving for me! 0.5% cut took my mortgage down £80 a month so 1.5% should be rather tasty. Yes I am on a tracker!

Those bastards at the gas company will get wind of this interest rate cut. Realising we now have some extra money they will jack our energy bills up again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Now I did a post a couple of months ago stating this and advised people to get in on short term fixed rates urgently. Some " wise " people on here who are not mortgage advisors but feel they have the expertise told me when I did this that it was " a bad " time to fix. Abbey have increased their 2 year fixed rates 4 times in a month from 5.14% to a present 5.89%.

I don't want to say I told you so but I told you so.

Regards."
When was this quote taken from?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Abbey are now running at a fixed rate of 5.39 which will certainly fall further. Not sure it was *that* bad advice considering that quote was from 15 months ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here