Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Intense toothache

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Still ringing around to see who can see me the soonest. Best offer so far is Monday.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I go to The Grand Avenue Dental Practice in Worthing, decent dentist, been there for 20 years

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Still ringing around to see who can see me the soonest. Best offer so far is Monday.

Something very similar happened to me a while back. As mentioned before, I am simply petrified of dentists so ended up ignoring the pain as much as I could until I developed a huge abcess the size of a golfball on the side of my face! Anyhows, not having a dentist, I ended up having to make an emergency appointment and I got seen same day by Dr Mendonca in Kemptown. He drained the abcess then I had to go back next day to have the tooth removed.

Try the Emergency Dental Line - 0300 1000 899

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You have my sympathy too, Mr M. I remember going through such pain that I didn't sleep for 3 days, and then ended up having the tooth and roots removed. It was awful. And expensive. Tell you what though, I never missed a dental appointment again!

Clove oil as has been suggested is probably the best remedy. And obviously, never ignore a problem with your teeth again!

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Worst thing ive ever bought. Tastes like shit, you can smell it for hours after you use it and if you get it on your gums or lips by mistake it stings like a bitch. Also did nothing to prevent the pain.

although most people recommend it so give it a go..

I assume you are rubbing it in localkly rather than drinking it :laugh:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Got an appointment at my local surgery tomorrow for the dentally hilarious time of 2.30pm.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Dentists aren't that bad, just lay down, open your mouth and close your eyes. Worst tooth removal I ever had lasted 50 minutes as the root had twisted underneath the neighbouring tooth and every time the dentist tried to pull the it out the tooth kept snapping leaving him less and less of an area to grab hold. I (and the dentist) was physically exhausted at the end of it and the only thing that kept my mind of it was the sexy young assistant with her see through uniform.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I didn't go to the dentist for years and last year started getting pain in a wisdom tooth right at the back so had to make an appointment and go. Ended up I had a wisdom tooth with a hole so big it gave me an infection and it had to come out. The few days before whilst waiting for the appointment were agony - I feel your pain. Anitbiotics cleared it up but salt water gargle certainly helped too prior to the appointment.

I had to have loads of other work done, £900 later and my teeth are the best they've ever been, wish I'd have looked after that wisdom tooth though...extraction wasn't nice at all!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I didn't go to the dentist for years and last year started getting pain in a wisdom tooth right at the back so had to make an appointment and go. Ended up I had a wisdom tooth with a hole so big it gave me an infection and it had to come out. The few days before whilst waiting for the appointment were agony - I feel your pain. Anitbiotics cleared it up but salt water gargle certainly helped too prior to the appointment.

I had to have loads of other work done, £900 later and my teeth are the best they've ever been, wish I'd have looked after that wisdom tooth though...extraction wasn't nice at all!

Update - I'm looking at a pretty similar situation to yours.

Had appointment earlier today, was fearing the worst (gum disease, abscesses etc) as hadn't been to a dentist for years but luckily it's not that serious.

I have to choose between root canal and extraction for the problem tooth, due to money/time I will probably go for extraction, and I need to have a few fillings done as well.

He has prescribed me anti-biotics in the meantime to deal with the pain.

My overriding feeling is supreme annoyance at myself for not keeping up with a dentist. And concern about the mega bill of course.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Had appointment earlier today, was fearing the worst (gum disease, abscesses etc) as hadn't been to a dentist for years but luckily it's not that serious.

I have to choose between root canal and extraction for the problem tooth, due to money/time I will probably go for extraction, and I need to have a few fillings done as well.

My overriding feeling is supreme annoyance at myself for not keeping up with a dentist. And concern about the mega bill of course.

Very similar indeed. Hope the antbiotics start working soon!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Crawley hospital has an emergency dentist which i've used before so maybe a hospital near you might have one?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very similar indeed. Hope the antbiotics start working soon!

Annoying update: Was originally booked in for Monday morning to have the extraction but then the dentist rang up to say they want me to complete the prescription of anti biotics first, so been pushed back to Thursday! REALLY hope the antibiotics kick in soon...

portslade-by-sea

Jan 24, 2010
Annoying update: Was originally booked in for Monday morning to have the extraction but then the dentist rang up to say they want me to complete the prescription of anti biotics first, so been pushed back to Thursday! REALLY hope the antibiotics kick in soon...

You little tease...:wink:

This is better than Eastenders

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Got an appointment at my local surgery tomorrow for the dentally hilarious time of 2.30pm.

Put up with the pain be man - the albion are playing early tomorrow !

(you may make it if you leave 5 mins early)

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

If you can possibly afford it, have the root canal and crown, probably about £500, but you won't regret it later in life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here