hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Finally all caught up!

Mulberry Close - absolutely masterful. Always such a delight to see Adrian “Mr Jolly” Scarborough. Brilliantly written and acted episode - and
great for the “bad guys” to get their comeuppance. Very funny episode too with some big belly laughs - “you’ll never get your bloody Tupperware back now will you Sheila!” and the Michael Ball running gag paying off at the end.

CTRL, ALT, ESC also a very good episode, and a genuinely intense watch. Heart was in mouth in the final scenes!
however; and it brings me no joy in saying this, I’m afraid I guessed the twist around ten minutes in, so I was pretty much just waiting for the reveal for 2/3rds of the episode. Despite this, the intensity of the direction, editing and cinematography (acting is always a given) meant it was still a hugely enjoyable episode. And a happy ending to boot!

I’m so glad they’re going out at the very top of their game. Can’t wait for the stage play!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Boo To A Goose - 7.5/10, decent enough if a little confused/rushed towards the end
The Trolley Problem - 8/10, good atmosphere, well played
Mulberry Close - 8.5/10, really satisfying, funny episode. I'm usually rubbish at predicting but pleased to say I pretty much called this one.

Enjoying this season. Great show, shame it's ending but they've left a lot of quality.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Boo To A Goose - 7.5/10, decent enough if a little confused/rushed towards the end
The Trolley Problem - 8/10, good atmosphere, well played
Mulberry Close - 8.5/10, really satisfying, funny episode. I'm usually rubbish at predicting but pleased to say I pretty much called this one.

Enjoying this season. Great show, shame it's ending but they've left a lot of quality.
Boo to a goose was very good till like you say the ending seemed very rushed and too much to take in, mulberry close I got no where near to gussing

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wow, that was tense as hell! Brilliant though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Really enjoying this series. I would order them:

1. Mulberry Close - The characters were built up really well and it was a great ending.
2. CTRL-ALT-ESC - I've done a few escape rooms and enjoyed all the little nods. Great suspense and the ending was a surprise.
3. The Trolley Problem - Good atmosphere and another good ending.
4. Boo to a Goose - Didn't really do much for me. I didn't mind the characters but the ending was a bit strange.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
2. CTRL-ALT-ESC - I've done a few escape rooms and enjoyed all the little nods. Great suspense and the ending was a surprise.
How gory/violent is this episode? Asking for my wife.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
2 to go. Here's what's coming today.

Episode 5: Curse of the Ninth
A talented piano-tuner is forced to confront the power of a centuries-old curse by the owners and servants of a large country house.
With guest stars Eddie Marsan, Natalie Dormer and Hayley Squires.

40 sec clip: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0hvvl4m

Curse of the Ninth.jpg

And for next week, the final episode....

Episode 6: Plodding On
"The final episode of the award-winning anthology of films, written by and starring Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith."

And other than that and the photo below, that's all we've got.
No Radio Times reviews, no pictures, no poster, no other guest stars.
Speculation is rife as to what it's likely to be from a police station (plod) to the cancelled bus replacement episode of Series 8!

So please indulge me whilst I make a calculated guess.
Going on previous series finales, we know that it's likely to have a horror / supernatural theme.
(I won't add the specific details as @Colonel Mustard is working his way through the episodes!)

Series 1: 'The Harrowing'
Series 2: 'Seance Time'
Series 3: 'Private View'
Series 4: 'Tempting Fate'
Series 5: 'The Stakeout'
Series 6: 'Last Night of the Proms'
Series 7: 'Wise Owl' (horrific backstory)
Series 8: 'The Last Weekend'

Now there's a special 'live screening' viewing party next Wednesday at Vue Leicester Square cinema.
(Sorry, all tickets gone. And no, I haven't got one!) https://rts.org.uk/event/inside-no-9-end-ni9h
Purely looking at the photo below with the curtain behind, it's got a cinema / theatre feel to it.

So I just wonder, admittedly significantly more in hope than expectation, that there might be some live aspect of this. :)
The Halloween special of Dead Line played masterfully with the concept of what is live.
Would those at the cinema viewing party be somehow viewing it in real time?
If it's a 'live screening', will they be screening/performing it live on stage?
With the 2025 stage production, it might segue perfectly.

Feel free to add your thoughts!

inside_no_9_0906.jpg

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Certainly very intriguing, it would be interesting to see the previous live episode expand from only involving the cast to involving a live audience as part of the show. I assume it’s on Screen 9?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I quite like to look for clues about the episodes in the posters, especially in the background.

For example, The Last Weekend featured a couple of ants beside the petals near the bottom.

Along with the text "Unfinished Business...", tonight's poster shows the maid holding a key, the lady of the house with a glass of red liquid (presumably wine), and what looks like peacock feathers in the background.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I would go as far as to say that episode was perfection 10/10 , interesting no poster of next weeks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here