Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inquiry Update

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anybody got a 4 seater bike for sale so that myself Ben and my two brothers can cycle up over Plumpton into Lewes and then out through Woodingdean going right past Village Way to get to Sheepcote Valley.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Easy 10 said:
What irritated me is how Mr White (the NIMBY lawyer) drew the conclusion that because Sheepcote has a catchment of 11% within cycing distance of a stadium there, compared with 8.8% within cycling distance of Falmer, this is then presented as a FACT to the Inspector that "therefore Sheepcote Valley is MORE accessible by bike than Falmer" - completely disregarding the more pertinent fact that only a miniscule percentage of people actually cycle anyway (1% as Lord B says).

It was a constant battle of twisting statistics to suit his own ends, whilst brushing under the carpet the more relevent facts of the situation.

This is a farce.We need Prescott down there to hear it all and to see exactly what sort of morons we're having to deal with.He'd soon twat them all aside in one angry motion.:angry:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Brixtaan said:
This is a farce.We need Prescott down there to hear it all and to see exactly what sort of morons we're having to deal with.He'd soon twat them all aside in one angry motion.:angry:

:lolol:

I can see it now

"You call this an inquiry? You're all fookin' useless, you don't have one valid argument against this stadium between you. Don't waste my time. Mr White, lets take this outside. As for the rest of you, permission granted, just don't make too much mess. Now when's the canteen open?"

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Bluejuice said:
:lolol:

I can see it now

"You call this an inquiry? You're all fookin' useless, you don't have one valid argument against this stadium between you. Don't waste my time. Mr White, lets take this outside. As for the rest of you, permission granted, just don't make too much mess. Now when's the canteen open?"

I think you're closer to the truth there than you realise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bluejuice said:
As for the rest of you, permission granted, just don't make too much mess.
:lolol: Brilliant.

That can be JP's summary, in a nutshell. What more needs to be said ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Large One said:

Anyway, even those figures would paint a distorted picture. There is little in common between the concept of cycling to work (something you do on your own), and cycling to a football match

Not to mention there could be shit loads of half pissed cyclists wending their way to Sheepcote Valley from the City Centre...and then, after the game, still pissed, they have to find their bikes::lolol:

040804CopenhagenJuly2004049.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here