Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inquiry Update

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Just got back from the Boozer with Easy10, he will (along with Lord B) no doubt go into more detail later on but for now:

Turns out the NIMBY lawyer seems adamant that 11% of us will CYCLE to sheepcote compared to under 9% for Falmer......anyone here EVER ridden their bicycle to a match?!?!

We had a decent Transport type Expert talking about feasability to various sites, all they had was their Lawyer who is NOT an Expert in that field and Easy reckons we came out on top, barr a few incidents in regards to the NIMBYS lawyers questions to our Transport Expert. I'll leave it to him & Lord B to explain that further.

Right now I feel like having a little sleep...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
CrabtreeBHA said:

Turns out the NIMBY lawyer seems adamant that 11% of us will CYCLE to sheepcote compared to under 9% for Falmer......anyone here EVER ridden their bicycle to a match?!?!

:wave:

It was a mile away and I didn't feel like driving....

however, 11% me arse. 1.1, maybe. If they're lucky.

Or did they mean 11 people?

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
The Nimby's don't know anything. I am looking forward to reading todays report.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Just goes to show they're clutching at straws. All the inbreeding has turned them mad.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
227 BHA said:
11% - they're having a larf. That would be about 2500 bicycles :lolol:

The police wouldn't let bicycles within five miles of the ground as they will see then and possible weapons, especially the chains

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I laughed out loud at the thought of 2500 people cycling merrily to the new stadium on bikes.

What do they think this is, Amsterdam?

Perhaps the club could sell lycra shorts, bicycle clips and those nice lollipop things with reflectors you stick on the side to warn motorists.
:lolol:
What planet are the NIMBYs on?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Theres much more to the transport thing the NIMBYS lawyer was ranting on about, Easy will explain it better than I will here so I wont say anything as he has notes and EVERYTHING, he was very well prepared for the days proceedings!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Curious Orange said:
They'd probably need another Public Inquiry to discuss the merits of building the MONSTER bike shed to accomodate that lot!!

:lolol:

Presumably, then, their next objection would be on the grounds that bike sheds would cause a build up of covert smokers congregating behind them....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
edna krabappel said:
Presumably, then, their next objection would be on the grounds that bike sheds would cause a build up of covert smokers congregating behind them....

and little boys practising in the sly art of a "sneaky kiss" with the girlies :blush:
No doubt the NIMBYS would use the "possibility of sexual disease infection" card!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
edna krabappel said:
Perhaps the club could sell lycra shorts, bicycle clips and those nice lollipop things with reflectors you stick on the side to warn motorists.

Don't think bicycle clips look that good on lycra shorts. :jester:

I used to cycle to the Goldstone when I lived at the Vogue gyratory and a mate of mine had a flat near Hove station. I used to leave my bike in his shed.

I had even toyed with the idea of cycling to Falmer as it's probably easier from Mid Sussex than driving / training. However, I then had a reality check - football's played in the winter and cycling over the downs won't be so much fun as I imagined. Train it is, then.

All this bollocks about football fans walking / cycling for miles rather smacks of clutching at straws. Even more so than painting us all as hooligans. The two scenarios don't match up at all, and the truth is they're both wrong!

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Sounds like a big laugh down there what the Nimbys are saying, I was unable to get to the Inquiry this week, but I will certainly go next week.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There are bike racks the length of the stadium at St Mary's. Just so you know. I'd imagine some of Albion's case is built around some fans riding bikes to the ground as an alternative to driving.

Not that I'd fancy it much... Brighton is a bit hilly!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The trouble is whether the Inspector takes note of it, for example, mid december on a tuesday evening when its cold and wet/snowing then people will not ride to a match. Same goes for any other wet/windy day/night game so 11% will never happen. Its whether the Inspector writes in his report and says "This is evidence" or "this is complete cack, ignore it!" - something along those lines. Its the little things like these that you wonder if the Inspector is picking up on or not, and only he knows.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
AND (just remembered this, sorry the beers having an effect) the NIMBY lawyer is now saying he CANNOT make the days of March 8th & 9th due to Professional Arrangements he caanot get out of?!?! Easy said the Inspector seemd annoyed at this as yesterday they all set out the plan of events and agred when everyone should be there, then this morning the Lawyer comes up with this. As I said to Easy, it stinks of delaying tactics to force the decision/outcome beyond the general election and no matter what the Lawyer should have those days free.

Bloody annoying but it just goes to show what they come up with, to either try and delay a decision by stringing it along and Spin Doctering answers into their favour.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
CrabtreeBHA said:
The trouble is whether the Inspector takes note of it, for example, mid december on a tuesday evening when its cold and wet/snowing then people will not ride to a match. Same goes for any other wet/windy day/night game so 11% will never happen. Its whether the Inspector writes in his report and says "This is evidence" or "this is complete cack, ignore it!" - something along those lines. Its the little things like these that you wonder if the Inspector is picking up on or not, and only he knows.
If the Albion deem it important enough to challenge it, it will depend on whether they can present evidence to back up this claim.

Oct 25, 2003
100_0017.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here