Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

innovative ideas that might just help

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Obvious ones are:

- Posting on other fans' boards - especially those who have suffered fincancially from dodgy management (Doncaster, York, Bury, Oldham, Lincoln, Bournemouth etc)

- Making sure that someone gets on 606 on Sat evening to put the case.

- Writing to Sir Des to see if he could mention our plight on the Premiership on Sat evening.

- Writing to national newspapers

I assume that the Brighton fans who are sports writers (Paul Hayward, Nick Szczepanik and David Lacey) will do their best to bring it the albion's case to national attention (although they will be dependent on sports editors' goodwill).

Is it worth drawing up a Brighton & Hove supporters party to stand against Labour candidates in Sussex? Politicians are always wary of anything that will harm election chances.

I have a really busy day at work today so can't really do anything. I'm free to help on Friday or at the weekend. And if someone does want to set up a fighting fund - I'll contribute.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
eiregull - I think you may be right on the balloons. Not sure if I've got the heart at the moment. Someone needs to decide what the appropriate response is for the game on Saturday. Can Wycombe help us? Saturday needs EVERYONE focussing on Falmer. This needs to be a massive media story.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could we get fans of other clubs, preferably live on sky, to unfurl the flag at their ground on a matchday?

Even at Hull, would PT be with us? The Giant flag unfurled at a new stadium in Prescott's constituency would probably get good and close to home (for two jags) coverage.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Coxy has alerted Bright radio to let them know

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Something massive is needed this Sunday - suggestions

We need something absolutely massive this Sunday. It is the only chance when all Albion supporters can shown their feelings. We have put up with crap for 7 years and waited patiently for 3 years when a superb, professional and very costly application was made. This ultimately cost us our Div 1 status.

We need to coordinate something massive that will make the headline news across the country. We need to get people on our side and not alienate them. Therefore roads blocks etc are not the way.

A pitch invasion would just make people think " footall holligans " and will not help the manager/team.

We need something and fast. Ideas please.

What about a mass demo at the old Albion site and then a march to Hove Town Hall/Brighton town hall collecting people on the way.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Yes, totally with that.

Although nothing would give me more pleasure, I just dont see any point in marching to Falmer, the confrontational nature of going there would be totally detrimental to all the hard work that is being done and will continue to be done.

The nastly little agenda of the NIMBY's would just love some sort of 'public disorder' up there on Sunday no matter how minor, as would their friends in the local media.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 suggested a march from Withdean to Falmer but maybe not enough people to take notice on that route - A23/A27

We need to be noticed by as many people as possible

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
duplicated

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Meet at the old Albion site, march to Hove Town Hall and then Brighton Town Hall will allow people to tag on along the way.

We need every Albion supporter out, and I'm talking about 20000 plus.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Yorkie said:
Easy 10 suggested a march from Withdean to Falmer but maybe not enough people to take notice on that route - A23/A27

We need to be noticed by as many people as possible
Its a fantastic idea in theory, but going up to Falmer is NOT a good idea, 99.9% of us are genuine, but there is always a few (away supporters will testify the recent upsurge) that could seriously damage this campaign, even a minor indiscretion, could lead to accusations of public disorder, and then where would we be ??

Are the residents of Falmer just going to stay in doors ?? I doubt it, I am sure some of them would be up for verbal confrontation.

Emotions are running high (I didnt think I could feel like this !) its best we focus our energies in the Town Centre, or even London

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.

Last edited:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Just heard the news and still in shock. Personally I think its's got to be done in London to get any real exposure and make a impact.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would go to London but we need numbers. How many would go at short notice to London Sunday. Locally we could get thousands and thousands out.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whatever it is we need to finalise it TODAY. Come on NSC this is a defining moment. NSC collectively did something wonderful with the REMF we now have the chance and duty to help save our football club. We may only have 72 hours.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gareth Glover said:
Whatever it is we need to finalise it TODAY. Come on NSC this is a defining moment. NSC collectively did something wonderful with the REMF we now have the chance and duty to help save our football club. We may only have 72 hours.

See Lush's suggestion re Hove Park or stick with yours from Goldstone to Hove Town Hall or the sea front

Whatever it is, it needs the media attention

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Could we get fans of other clubs, preferably live on sky, to unfurl the flag at their ground on a matchday?

Even at Hull, would PT be with us? The Giant flag unfurled at a new stadium in Prescott's constituency would probably get good and close to home (for two jags) coverage.

I've suggested this to the Charlton fans who are at Chelsea this weekend.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Goldstone to Hove Town Hall would get my support.We've got to do SOMETHING, and Iagree that a town centre demo, rather than an A23/A27 one would be more practical and have more impact.

Sorry, I was tired last night !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here