Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

innovative ideas that might just help

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
I have sent Man U an e-mail asking if they can help and also saying I know how sensitive tomorrow is for them, but how eveybody rallied round for them 46 years ago tomorrow which is what we need now. That this could be the death of our club if Mr Prescott says no to Falmer.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
THE CLOCKTOWER - FIRDAY

I'll sit on top of it, if you lot find a way of getting me up there. Maybe a 'hoot if you want falmer' banner sumwhere...get loads of us doing it! Yorkie can make the food and drink and send it up to me/us on top of the tower!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Biscuit, before you do that, can I have that couple of quid you owe me ??!!

Your youthfull exuberance is an example to us all, you have given me the first laugh of an otherwise dreadfull day.

Nice One !!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Rougvie said:
Biscuit, before you do that, can I have that couple of quid you owe me ??!!

Your youthfull exuberance is an example to us all, you have given me the first laugh of an otherwise dreadfull day.

Nice One !!

on my desk...untouched...Rougvie's money...if your going tomorrow Ill give it to turkey to give to you.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Biscuit said:
THE CLOCKTOWER - FIRDAY

I'll sit on top of it, if you lot find a way of getting me up there. Maybe a 'hoot if you want falmer' banner sumwhere...get loads of us doing it! Yorkie can make the food and drink and send it up to me/us on top of the tower!

Who do you think I am, your Mother ;)

I'll be going to the quiz on Friday :lol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Giant Flag over the scaffolding surrounding the Grand Hotel with another banner underneath saying:

"The West Pier and Brighton & Hove Albion - Two great attractions, still time to say YES to both"

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
brilliant - I was just sitting here wondering if I got everyone in my floor to put a letter in each window - so the whole things spelled FALMER YES FOR BRIGHTON - would Two Jags be able to see it from No 10 - I don't think so but people would surely notice!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Haven't read all these, but how about hiring one of those advertising billboard lorries and attaching the giant flag... then drive it round the Houses of Parliament all day, plus get as many fans there as possible to show support and explain what it's about.

If the flag is not viable, can't we get a message put on one of those billboard lorries?

Costs money. I haven't got time to organise but I'll put fifty quid in for starters if someone can get it off the ground.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That giant chalk figure on the Downs between Glynde and Berwick on the Eastbourne train line? What's it called? The(something) Man. We could drag the giant flag up there and show how the Albion can coexist with the 'Area Of Natural Outstanding Beauty'. Would look really great as a photo & can't see many papers not using it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Or somehow arrange under cover of darkness to drape the giant Flag over the far end of the West Pier. Make a double statement.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
That giant chalk figure on the Downs between Glynde and Berwick on the Eastbourne train line? What's it called? The(something) Man. We could drag the giant flag up there and show how the Albion can coexist with the 'Area Of Natural Outstanding Beauty'. Would look really great as a photo & can't see many papers not using it.

Long Man of Wilmington

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Instead of going to Grimsby we could all go to Falmer and stand in the field with radios on listening to SCR.
6000 people in a field a few beers all turn up at 2.30 and leave at 5.50 use trains buses etc so we don't cause to many problems.
We could have a few songs going on.
Falmerstock.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
oapdodge said:
Instead of going to Grimsby we could all go to Falmer and stand in the field with radios on listening to SCR.
6000 people in a field a few beers all turn up at 2.30 and leave at 5.50 use trains buses etc so we don't cause to many problems.
We could have a few songs going on.
Falmerstock.

Now that is a great idea - I'm up for that

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Giant Flag on the West Pier. Good shout!

Now, how do we get it on there? Any more for the Skylark?

And when?

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Tom Hark said:
Or somehow arrange under cover of darkness to drape the giant Flag over the far end of the West Pier. Make a double statement.

ok - i need a torch, some rope and some sticky tape :p

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a variation on the march, how about all the wagers take an early lunch next wendesday and line Whitehall wearing blue and white?

Polish Count

Feb 5, 2004
BN1
Somehow I think getting the flag on to the West Pier *might* be a tad tricky...however, I've thought of an alternative...

...as you come in to Brighton station by train, there's an enormous concrete wall on the right-hand side [near the train depot and the Belle Vue pub], and the flag could be hung over the side. Thousands of people commute from Brighton each day [I'm one of them], and something like this would have a strong visual impact.

On a similar note, the Brighton Line Commuters Group left loads of flyers on the seats of the trains this morning, asking people to join their cause. Why can't we use the flyer that Roz has produced to do something similar?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Polish Count said:

On a similar note, the Brighton Line Commuters Group left loads of flyers on the seats of the trains this morning, asking people to join their cause. Why can't we use the flyer that Roz has produced to do something similar?

i'll be doing that tomorrow evening on the 5.32 or 6.15 from london bridge......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here