Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries 2024/25

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm getting a really big sinking feeling about JPvH' injury. This would massively impact our season. Please be fairly minor. Oh for some f'ing luck.
From the same article: "Although the verdict of the doctors was also reassuring. Within Brighton it was feared that Van Hecke would be sidelined for a long time, but after the international break he seems to be available again. Then The Seagulls will visit Newcastle United and the former NAC Breda player hopes to be there again."
Fingers crossed.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Having Joao Pedro and Van Hecke getting injured, isn't necessarily 1 and 2 in the "please don't get injured list". Clearly losing the likes of Baleba in this form, Mitoma, Verbruggen, would equally be a blow.

But it's indisputably 2 of the top 5. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think they might be the two players I would least have wanted to go down. I'll have to ponder this one more.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Having Joao Pedro and Van Hecke getting injured, isn't necessarily 1 and 2 in the "please don't get injured list". Clearly losing the likes of Baleba in this form, Mitoma, Verbruggen, would equally be a blow.

But it's indisputably 2 of the top 5. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think they might be the two players I would least have wanted to go down. I'll have to ponder this one more.
They are 1 & 2 for me.
Pedro reminds me of Thierry Henry at the same age (and no I don't think I'm overdoing it)
JPvH is our best CB now (he's at the levels Dunk was 2-3 seasons ago)
Both of them get into any EPL team IMO with the possible exceptions of City for Pedro & Arsenal for JPvH

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I might get pelters for this, but playing the best in the context of a team with slightly disappointing performances and results (as per our last three) in my eyes doesn’t make the player - Baleba, in this case - undroppable. It just means within the current set up he shines the most.

For example if Baleba were dropped for Gruda, the latter’s positioning and play style might open up others to play better and raise the team, hypothetically. I can understand it if it’s a striker not playing great but picking up goals constantly, you wouldn’t want to drop him.

But in a system like ours every player has a knock-on effect to the next one.

I’m not suggesting I would drop Baleba, just that in the context of average or poor performances we tend to pounce on the better players as perhaps looking better than they are in the context of a poor team performance. I think he’s been good, just not as amazing as others are proclaiming.

Same thing happened two seasons ago with Moder.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Gutted about Joao Pedro but Solly possible being in contention masks all other bad news as far as I'm concerned!! That is fuckin amazing!!!!

We had people on here not long ago saying they'd heard he would never play again! So happy!
Pascal and Solly back on the same day!!! I'm not sure I'll cope in what will be a very dusty Amex....

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So do we actually know when Van Hecke is expected back because I've read conflicting reports this morning - some say he's back after this international break and others saying after the November international break?

And now Fabian has said Van Hecke is not as bad as Joao Pedro which means if it is after next months international break, we're without both Van Hecke and Joao Pedro until the end of November (and possibly longer for Joao Pedro) which is really not great at all.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Gutted about Joao Pedro but Solly possible being in contention masks all other bad news as far as I'm concerned!! That is fuckin amazing!!!!

We had people on here not long ago saying they'd heard he would never play again! So happy!

Isn’t the source for March possibly never playing again a social media post by that Mr Lion fella? Which was quickly rubbished by Solly’s wife but somehow still gained some traction?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
So do we actually know when Van Hecke is expected back because I've read conflicting reports this morning - some say he's back after this international break and others saying after the November international break?

And now Fabian has said Van Hecke is not as bad as Joao Pedro which means if it is after next months international break, we're without both Van Hecke and Joao Pedro until the end of November (and possibly longer for Joao Pedro) which is really not great at all.
JPvH was 6 weeks but felt ahead of schedule so should be Newcastle or Wolves with a bit of luck (Newcastle being 4 weeks) so after this international break not the next one. No idea about Pedro but hopefully not far behind.

DJ Chi

Mar 10, 2023
The one thing you can count on other than death and taxes is that Brighton injuries take longer than the original timeframe. Gruda came with a 'minor niggle' and hasn't been sighted on the pitch nearly two months later!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here