Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries 2024/25

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Pedro stuff is a bit odd

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Looks like we’ve lost another player for a while thanks to a bad tackle. I can’t believe forest had the audacity to argue about the yellow card.

Can this be liberally sprinkled around on the Forest forums by anyone registered please?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Such a shame about Pedro but emphasises the benefit of our new squad depth. This particularly injury clearly isn’t his fault but he has been missing a lot of games since he signed. Hope it’s something he can stop longer term.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Such a shame about Pedro but emphasises the benefit of our new squad depth. This particularly injury clearly isn’t his fault but he has been missing a lot of games since he signed. Hope it’s something he can stop longer term.
Yes, he can stop getting recklessly tackled. Silly boy.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Yes, he can stop getting recklessly tackled. Silly boy.
Which is why I specifically said not this injury (you can read right?) But for what was our record signing at the time his injury record last season wasn’t great and he’s already missed a couple of games this season.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Hopefully won’t be a long period of unavailability. Hopefully back for Spurs.
I guess if Joao Pedro is back playing against Spurs it means he's more likely to be called up for Brazil in the international break. Maybe they will look to give him a few weeks off and bring him back after

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
That Crawley twat and Gibbs-White really are a pair of wankers. The former is an angry little man who will no doubt be sat at the pub in a few years telling anyone that'll listen about his greatest footballing achievement, (allegedly) intentionally injuring a '£30m player'. The latter was obviously 'taking one for the team', could've just pulled him by the back of the shirt in that case, but no, let's go right through him and injure him for good measure. In my opinion that was intentional, he was rushing around the pitch acting like a coked up mentalist all game.

Great news on Gruda though, I get the feeling Brajan is going to hit the ground running for us.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
That Crawley twat and Gibbs-White really are a pair of wankers. The former is an angry little man who will no doubt be sat at the pub in a few years telling anyone that'll listen about his greatest footballing achievement, (allegedly) intentionally injuring a '£30m player'. The latter was obviously 'taking one for the team', could've just pulled him by the back of the shirt in that case, but no, let's go right through him and injure him for good measure. In my opinion that was intentional, he was rushing around the pitch acting like a coked up mentalist all game.

Great news on Gruda though, I get the feeling Brajan is going to hit the ground running for us.
The MGW foul was definitely intentional, he was stopping Pedro by any means possible, Pedro was away and he knew it. It had to be a slide/lunge as we would'nt have caught him to grab his shirt. Whether he meant to injure him only he knows.

I'm STILL amazed at how the ref needed his 4th offical to advise it was a yellow. He's an appalling ref, and I've thought that before when watching non-Albion games he's been reffing.

I agree with you that all game MGW was acting like he was on some kind of performance enhancing drug.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm STILL amazed at how the ref needed his 4th offical to advise it was a yellow. He's an appalling ref, and I've thought that before when watching non-Albion games he's been reffing.
From the ref's angle (behind MGW) he got the ball, and it wasn't possible to see the tangle of legs.

The 4th official however had a perfect view of the melee and rightly got the ref to change his mind.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Do we know what's wrong with JPvH? From Naylor's article he seemed to suggest FH knew quite early that he wouldn't be involved against Chelsea and I think he said post match that the defence might have to play with the same players for Spurs. It's a worry as he's a massive miss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here