Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon for captain?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why? Why is it ok to shout at one member of the team above all others?

As he enjoys having a rant at the defence when he makes a mistake to concede a goal, normally with plenty of gestures involved. :shrug:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well thats fine then!

Having a shout at the defence for conceding a goal isnt the same as shouting at one player for an individual mistake!

Their professionals, they should be used to it anyway :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, no more than usual but some people don't seem to have any valid counter arguments so decide to have a dig at my grammar instead. :ohmy:

Apologies, it wasn't the case that I didn't have any "counter arguments", it was that your replies were so f***ing pathetic I couldn't be arsed to reply.

Still, as you've talked me into it:

Ouch. Your a mong for your opinions on dicker. Your a mong for vanishing when we started playing well and then magically reappearing when things took a dive and your a mong for persistantly hounding out players who havnt had a decent run in the team.

Oh and it is fairly hypocritic, unless your trying to suggest you have NEVER started a sensationalist thread about a player after one game? :shrug:

"hounding out players who havnt (sic) had a decent run in the team"

Er, what? Are you suggesting it's me who influenced Slade to axe Hawkins from the squad, and Poyet to get rid of Davies? Ha, good one!

Oh, and remind me when exactly we were playing well? End of last season when we stayed up? At the moment, when we've won 3 on the spin? Yep, I've blatently vanished haven't I?

Do I start sensationalist threads about footballers I've NEVER seen play?

Do I suggest players should captain the team after one game?

No, and, er, no.

Not really relevant, when calderon is berating kuipers for yet another dropped ball, it doesnt matter language it is being done in as long as there is PLENTY of gesturing going on

Er, it is relevant, as the captain is required to talk to the ref, as well as the players and manager. Fortunately, Calderon can speak English, but that doesn't mean your frankly ludicrous suggestion that Crofts deserves to lose the captaincy on the grounds that the new bloke sounded good on the radio is justified.

Fancy starting a new thread? I'm suddenly in the mood for ripping into the huge holes in all your unjustifiable opinions, while also pointing out that you write like a spastic. Thanks.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Apologies, it wasn't the case that I didn't have any "counter arguments", it was that your replies were so f***ing pathetic I couldn't be arsed to reply.

Still, as you've talked me into it:

"hounding out players who havnt (sic) had a decent run in the team"

Er, what? Are you suggesting it's me who influenced Slade to axe Hawkins from the squad, and Poyet to get rid of Davies? Ha, good one!

Oh, and remind me when exactly we were playing well? End of last season when we stayed up? At the moment, when we've won 3 on the spin? Yep, I've blatently vanished haven't I?

Do I start sensationalist threads about footballers I've NEVER seen play?

Do I suggest players should captain the team after one game?

No, and, er, no.

Er, it is relevant, as the captain is required to talk to the ref, as well as the players and manager. Fortunately, Calderon can speak English, but that doesn't mean your frankly ludicrous suggestion that Crofts deserves to lose the captaincy on the grounds that the new bloke sounded good on the radio is justified.

Fancy starting a new thread? I'm suddenly in the mood for ripping into the huge holes in all your unjustifiable opinions, while also pointing out that you write like a spastic. Thanks.

"And the winner, by knock out, is...

WWWWWIIIIIIIITTTTTTHHHHHHHHHDEAN WWWWWAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRREEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!"

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
NSC at its finest, a simple and perfectly reasonable question is met with the usual criticism, and then the boys all uniting to pick on the thread starter. Impressive. If in doubt, start criticising the grammar and the English being used. Pathetic. It's not the first time it has been seen, mind. I remember murraymints4brighton getting the same sort of criticism. Pathetic, really. But that's the internet, you can say anything you like to the screen.

On the subject, I think mr Hustpierpoint might have missed Poyet giving Crofts the captaincy full time (you mentioned thinking the captaincy was temporary in a post later in the thread), but for a simple mistake he should indeed be criticised. I quite like Crofts and would agree with Poyet's decision on this occaison, but considering Calderón was captain at Alaves for a time, it's a fair question to ask. I think it's good to have more than person who would be capable of leading the side and if we're looking to improve the defence, having someone with experience of leading a team is only going to help.

I'm looking forward to seeing mr Calderón strut his funky stuff.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
quite a turn around for a man whom poyet claimed would never play for us again

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
go on calde
the true king of flair

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So then, Withdean Wanker, Trigger, Ali Jenkins, Algie and others who think i'm a mong for suggesting something like this, how do you think he has got on? I've felt he has done quite well personally, but obviously i'm a complete and utter retard for suggesting that he might one day be our captain, obviously no one will apologise though.

Last edited:

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
So then, Withdean Wanker, Trigger, Ali Jenkins, Algie and others who think i'm a mong for suggesting something like this, how do you think he has got on? I've felt he has done quite well personally, but obviously i'm a complete and utter retard for suggesting that he might one day be our captain, obviously no one will apologize though.

Yeah, apologise you bunch of miserable old wankers :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here