Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon - best right back since when?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Of the side that last won this league and the side today playing 4-4-2 only Cullip and Zamora would get in the team. And Cullip is debatable.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
What about Painter? Best left back since...

I agree with another post on here. I'd find it hard to find a team below Premiership that has two better first team fullbacks.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Of the side that last won this league and the side today playing 4-4-2 only Cullip and Zamora would get in the team. And Cullip is debatable.
I reckon Kuipers is his pomp would.
Carpenter would be close.
Morgan and Cullip were both excellent but so are Greer, El-Abd, and Elphick.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Simon Morgan never played in the team that won this division. He only played for one season under Adams when we won the 2nd div. I agree he was quality thou.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Come on guys.

You're all forgetting Whoopi.

Whoopi_Goldberg_442333.png

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Kuipers was not as good as the 2 we have now.

Cullip no better than Greer, if as good which is debatable.

Morgan in his 1 season would probably get in alongside of Greer and Carpenter would possibly push for a midfield place with Sparrow as the main opposition for the spot.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Simon Morgan never played in the team that won this division. He only played for one season under Adams when we won the 2nd div. I agree he was quality thou.

Are you certain of that?...I am pretty sure the centre-back partnership when we won (what is now) League 2 was Cullip and Crosby. Morgan then signed that summer and partnered Cullip under Adams and then Taylor as we went onto win this division, which I always thought was a little harsh on Crosby being pushed aside as he was.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
In fact, as a unit, this is the best defence in years. Sure, if one of Calderon or Painter gets injured then we may have a slight issue but we have four, I repeat, FOUR top drawer centre backs.

Greer really showed today why we paid £250k for him. Quality all over.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....all down to Tannio

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Are you certain of that?...I am pretty sure the centre-back partnership when we won (what is now) League 2 was Cullip and Crosby. Morgan then signed that summer and partnered Cullip under Adams and then Taylor as we went onto win this division, which I always thought was a little harsh on Crosby being pushed aside as he was.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Quite right, I stand corrrected. Ok in that case id have Morgan ahead of Cullip.He was quality and at the end of his carrer.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I love Calde.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
....all down to Tannio

Absolutely right.
Gus has done amazing things with this squad. But, lets not forget Tanno's contribution.
I think it's him that has turned El Abd and Elphick into the players we see today.

We are blessed to have these two in charge.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Best right back since John Gregory I would say. Hard to say he is better because Gregory was playing for us in the top division. But he is good!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Calde was great today and has played well recently - back to the Calde of last season. In my opinion he started the season rather slow by his high standards but he did also apparently have bad blisters at the start of the season so maybe that explains it.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
=samhale86;3768516]What about Painter? Best left back since...

Kerry Mayo of course :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here