Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon - best right back since when?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am really struggling to think of a better one to have played for the Seagulls in a long long time.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
WAtson was fantastic.

When he was delivering deadly free kicks or corners for Bobby.

Calde??

I think he's just one of the best footballers I ahve seen in Albion colours for some time - never mind just rigt back.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep would have Calderon over Watson every time. Anyone else?

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
But I think that at the time the style of play was better suited to Watson, stick Calderon in our 00/01 team and I reckon it would take a lot for him to adapt. Same with Watson in the current era if he was the same age as Calde.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
my first game was in '77 and hes the best ive seen . really fits in well with our current style under gus and is very versatile. looks like hes discovering his form from last season, where he was for me outstanding.

to think we had whing before him and he got player of the season!! shows how far weve come under gus and tony.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Watson was like an american football special teams player - great at free kicks and corners. However, for a defender the man just couldn't tackle so should never be considered as one of our great right backs.

Agree with the shouts for Ken Tiler although maybe John Gregory just shades him as he played right back for much of his Albion career.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Freekicks aside I never really rated Watson that highly. In fact when they read out our last title winning side it's striking how much better the current team is. But they had Zamora. Imagine Zamora in this side!
Not to run that great team down but without Bobby would they have won that second title? If you swapped the strike forces of the two eras?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's the best since Paul Watson, however, he's also the best I've seen in a Brighton shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here