Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

indy car crash yesterday...

Fur Cough

They do it as they love it, they were not protected, its actually one of the most unsafe Indie circuits out there, and also the track is smaller than that other races yet was allowed extra cars on the track. Drivers told the organisers they were not happy with the safety, what happens if they dont race, they lose there sponsorship and probably there drives.

Even Franchitti one of the greatest drivers in there sport said he could tell this race was not going to end well as people were driving dangerously. When ya add a $5mill bonus to people there hardly going to turn there nose up.

Exactly.

They knew the risks, Frachitti even eluded to it during the intervening period between the crash and the announcment of Wheldons passing.

As far as I acn see Wheldon, god rest his soul, had already earnt 14.5 million and god knows what more in endorsements, he had to start from the back of the grid and work his way up to get the 5 million bonus.

I fear other factors are at work.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Very sad, used to enjoy watching Dan in IRL/Indy Car during the mid 2000's when he was a regular and won the championship. Should have had a regular drive this year as well.

(Shame some on here have to do a bit of wiily waving by being controversial, tw@ts)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A sad day for motorsport. I'm not much of an Indy fan, but I still knew enough about it to know the name.

Thoughts are with his wife and kids of course, as well as all those he knew in the racing world. Franchitti was quoted as saying of his Championship win that he wants "no part of it" and that "there are no winners today, we've all lost" which says a lot to me about the regard in which Wheldon was held.

RIP

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Yeah. You're the one who thinks the Beatles success is entirely due to them being used to mind control the British public and who told everybody that you thought the Norwegian massacre was probably Mossad....and you call me an idiot.

misquotes and slander.......i said their success had to have had forces behind them. regarding norway, i said that mossad was a probable in the first few hours (note the MSM said alqueda in the first few hours). also, i did not tell everyone but voiced an opinion on a forum. idiot comment still stands.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
misquotes and slander.......i said their success had to have had forces behind them. regarding norway, i said that mossad was a probable in the first few hours (note the MSM said alqueda in the first few hours). also, i did not tell everyone but voiced an opinion on a forum. idiot comment still stands.

Is this really the right thread to dredge all that crap up again?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Well he did start the thread. Just saying like.

Tragic, but they all know the risk, they do not get paid millions every year for nothing, our formula one guys included.We have soldiers dying every day who get paid a few hundred pounds a week, i feel more for there families, sorry if that is wrong but it is my opinion

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Tragic, but they all know the risk, they do not get paid millions every year for nothing, our formula one guys included.We have soldiers dying every day who get paid a few hundred pounds a week, i feel more for there families, sorry if that is wrong but it is my opinion

yet the players you support get paid millions every year?

Fur Cough

Please do not associate the death of a sportsman to the death of a serviceman. Two completely unrelated topics and unworthy of dicussing in the same thread.

No offence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here