Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

indy car crash yesterday...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
the difference is that in this incident the "show" was doing replays of the crash from different cars etc like it was one of their "exciting incidents." big difference.

Still no reason to disrespect the man though.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
One of my best mates is a marshall and helped Dan out of a crash at Brands Hatch a year or so ago. He came back round to the marshalls later on with ice creams to say thanks to them. Top bloke.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Everything has to turn into a binfest at the end of the day - either here or on the YouTube clip thread itself - quite stupefying. Switch off your PCs and move away. Nothing to see here.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
the difference is that in this incident the "show" was doing replays of the crash from different cars etc like it was one of their "exciting incidents." big difference.

they probably didnt know he was dead, that said BBC was showing it this morning.

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
Another useless sport paying millions for what?! Get real people - peoples wages and pensions are being cut do u think we really care about this story
- btn01, Brighton, 17/10/2011 10:45

A post from the Daily Mail comments section this morning, re Dan Wheldon crash. I wonder who this could be?.

A bit like football players dying during play available on you tube for the world to view.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk, whilst taking a dump.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
A real gent of racing, for someone so young. Lord March just posted on Facebook a lovely tribute as well. So sad for his poor wife, and two tiny boys.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Can see this being a major revamp for Indy car, the race clearly should not have had that many cars yesterday

"lets create a label for someone, and tarnish him with that label....even tho i dont know him." a sad pitiful trait.

idiot.

Yeah. You're the one who thinks the Beatles success is entirely due to them being used to mind control the British public and who told everybody that you thought the Norwegian massacre was probably Mossad....and you call me an idiot.

Back to topic - it's an awful tragedy and thoughts are with the family.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Can see this being a major revamp for Indy car, the race clearly should not have had that many cars yesterday

Too many cars on too small a space going too fast. A very tragic accident waiting to happen.
Has there been any news on the other four drivers who went to hospital?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Too many cars on too small a space going too fast. A very tragic accident waiting to happen.
Has there been any news on the other four drivers who went to hospital?

not that i have heard yet.

This race had disaster written all over it :(

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Who saw the F1: The Killer Years on BBC4 a while back? One of the saddest images i've seen in sport at the end of it, can't remember the two drivers, one had crashed and was turned over on fire and one driver stopped to try and save him whilst all the other drivers all continued racing.

The sense of despair from the guy trying to save him, when you can't see his face, is astonishing.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Woah there Mr. The drivers went out and they knew the risks.

They do it as they love it, they were not protected, its actually one of the most unsafe Indie circuits out there, and also the track is smaller than that other races yet was allowed extra cars on the track. Drivers told the organisers they were not happy with the safety, what happens if they dont race, they lose there sponsorship and probably there drives.

Even Franchitti one of the greatest drivers in there sport said he could tell this race was not going to end well as people were driving dangerously. When ya add a $5mill bonus to people there hardly going to turn there nose up.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Who saw the F1: The Killer Years on BBC4 a while back? One of the saddest images i've seen in sport at the end of it, can't remember the two drivers, one had crashed and was turned over on fire and one driver stopped to try and save him whilst all the other drivers all continued racing.

The sense of despair from the guy trying to save him, when you can't see his face, is astonishing.

Yes - I've seen it - very very difficult to watch indeed.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011

yeah was horrific was the documentary i mentioned earlier forgot the name, was horrific extremely hard to watch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here