Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indian Call Centres

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
After buying stuff from Amazon and encountering delivery problems, I've had the need in recent weeks to contact them by phone on a couple of occasions. After the usual automated crap I've been connected to customer services reps who sound like a cross between the waiter at my local curry house and Stephen Hawkings - there's obviously some sort of robotic synthesising going on to try and disguise the accent. But the weirdest thing is the names they give you..........

1st call - Hello, my name is RODNEY!!!

2nd call (today) - Hello, my name is BRIAN!!

Do they really think this is going to fool anybody into thinking that they've been connected to an Essex call centre FFS:angry:

To be fair they DID sort the problem out, but they couldn't grasp the difference between a courier leaving something IN the garage to leaving something ON the garage. No doubt I'll come home tomorrow to find the TV I ordered ON the garage.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've had to ring BT Broadband's overseas operation before and had no problems. To be honest, (in my state of permanent technical ignorance) it still amazes- and slightly scares- me that somebody 4000 miles away can control my computer from their desk.

But frankly, so long as they fix the problem, I couldn't give a shit whether the operator's in Bournemouth or Bangalore. We're all human beings, innit.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So your saying there is no chance of me bumping into a Rodney Singh or a Brian Patel ? Fair dooz ,one less thing to worry about

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was quoted 76.50 A DAY... YES... A F****** DAY ... for a season ticket on the train for my daughter from East Worthing to Durrington.

I said you mean a month dont you and he replied that it was a day and he was definetly correct.

After 5 mins we got to the bottom of it. He had thought I had said Darlington.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I've rung Sky and they are all SCOTTISH. Give me Indians everytime.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I've rung Sky and they are all SCOTTISH. Give me Indians everytime.

I ordered a curry the other night and they were all bloody Indians as well.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I was quoted 76.50 A DAY... YES... A F****** DAY ... for a season ticket on the train for my daughter from East Worthing to Durrington.

I said you mean a month dont you and he replied that it was a day and he was definetly correct.

Thats your caucasian accent,its not his fault he cant speeky the lingo. top tip next time you have to ring india for watever reason try and incorperate the number 66 into the convo! they so cant say it! Normaly comes out Siggy Siks :lol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Strange,i rung sky and indeed she was scottish! fooking amazing when you consider the call centre was just outside Edinbro,and her name was Briony! Hmmm:rolleyes:

If she's working for the Inland Revenue there, then she should be quite used to such incorrect assessments.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I cannot understand them whether they be in Scotland or India or anywhere else I just say I am sorry I cannot understand you and put the phone down.

In most cases I write a letter and if replying to a letter always answer it the day I receive it and send it 2nd class post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here